RVi Tire Patrol monitoring system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alpena Jeff

I have the RVi3 braking system. I'm now in the market for a TPMS.
Using the same RVi command center for both systems intrigues me, but not to the point that I must have their TPMS. Anyone out there use Tire Patrol?
Also looking at eezrv TPMS system.
As always, thanks.
Jeff

We've had the Minder TM-66 TPMS for several years now - on the RV and on our towed vehicle. The system has worked very well. I like the TM-66's smaller display but some prefer the TM-77's larger display. Minder also has a "free" battery replacement program, and since I'm replacing 12 batteries, it saves me a fair amount of money each year.

Kev

I have been following the Tire Patrol for about a year.

Their system shuts down if the tire is not in motion.

I like to check pressures first thing in the morning before I head out for the next leg of a trip.

Not being able to check pressures until the tire is in motion killed my considering their system.

I want to know about a pressure problem before I move my trailer.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Kev, does the minder-66 require rolling tires to display data? I would prefer the small display as well.
I seem to be filling a lot of real estate on my dash already! :-\
Jeff

Just noticed your question - sorry I didn't reply sooner. If I want to querry the tire pressures before rolling, all I have to do is push two buttons on the display. The owners manual says all the sensors will report in within 20 minutes, but I've never seen it take more than five minutes.

The only thing I don't like about the TM-66 is that the tire over-pressure alert is set by the factory at 10%, meaning that an alert will sound when my tire pressures go from 110 psi to 121 psi. In the summer, that happens all the time when we're driving - especially on the sunny side of the coach. I wish it was programmable to cut down on false alarms. It's not a big deal - all you have to do is glance at the display to verify that there's nothing actually wrong, and then mute the alarm, it's just a minor PITA.

Kev

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom