range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deborah Wandler

Hi Group I am new to this forum as we just moved into our used 5th wheel 2006 Crossroads. Now that we are in fulltime things are starting to happen. First off we live in Southern BC Canada  winter weather is 2-5 C or 40ish F  So now my question is about my oven RA2133 I checked on RVdealership.com as advised and found I may need a thermocoupler but they don't seem to have in stock...is there another place I could purchase or is there another reason my pilot light won't stay on and sometimes the whole stove shuts off while I am trying to cook,I know I have alot of propane too. Thanks in advance for your help...Deborah

Welcome!!!

The first thing to do is check that the thermocouple sits properly in the flame. Next get the correct name and model for the oven. (It appears to be an Atwood or Wedgewood  model RA2133). You can probably get a part list from http://www.atwoodmobile.com/ranges-and-cooktops.asp
and locate the part number you need. Google that and places like Ebay will show up where parts are generally available. Atwood also has a dealer locator on their site.

One other point: DO NOT use that oven to heat the trailer, that can be very dangerous. You have a propane fired furnace for that purpose and it is very safe to use. It is a bit of a propane and 12V power hog though so be sure to have sufficient propane available and good battery charging by being plugged in to outside power.

Wish we were at 4-5? C right now but.... Oh well, maybe by January....

You can go to Ebay and buy your part.

like here---tps://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=rv+range+thermocoupler&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=rv+range+thermocoupler&_sacat=0

As Stu said, first, check the current thermocouple position.  When the pilot light is on, the thermocouple MUST be in the flame.  The heat on it sends a small electrical current to the gas valve to allow the valve to remain open.  A perfectly good thermocouple, not heated by the flame, will not allow the pilot to stay lit.  Adjust as needed by moving the probe.  If it is in the flame, the part is pretty generic, available at most hardware stores.

Since you are new, note that the camper was built from many components purchased from many vendors. Appliances may be RV specific products, but parts are not RV specific.  Pick up a new kitchen faucet at Home Depot.  LP fittings are all industry standard.

Back
Top Bottom