Sound from rear slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgmartin

After leaving a campground in Pahrump, Nevada, this past weekend, where temperatures had been down to 32 degrees, while driving slowly, I could hear what sounded like a load of loose dishes in the rear of my 32 foot Fleetwood Tioga Class C with a rear bedroom slide.  The sound appeared to be coming from the area  of the bedroom slide. There was nothing lose within the bedroom slide, except clothing.  I had heard a slightly more diminished and similar sound coming from that area in the last couple of months. I had suspected at the time the drive shaft or drive joints, but had inspected them and they appeared fine. An rv mechanic also ruled them out. Is it possible that this particular bedroom slide hase some rubber bumpers or rollers which have worn out and allow the slide to have excessive movement, or is the slide on rails which do not have any play? Once I was on the open road and driving in smooth asphalt, I could no longer hear the sounds. It was a metal like clanking sound. Anyone on this forum have experienced this sort of sound from the slides? I mentioned the temperature because the sound seemed to have increased with the colder temperature.  Thx.

Back
Top Bottom