Battery Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Checked the voltage in the batteries this morning.
All 3 batteries are reading 13.3 volts. Looks like my problem has been corrected.

mudshark said:
OK Folks
I think I have it. I checked the house outside outlet that I had been using for the past two years. I got no power at the outlet. Checked the circuit breakers and found no problem. Switched to the outlet at the front of the house and it has a GFI with a tiny indicator light. Plugged the bus into that one. I took readings on all batteries before and after hooking to shore power and they did not change until I switched house outlets. Checked voltage in the bus and reading 120 volts now.

All three batteries are up .5 volts from this morning but I am not sure if that is because ambient temperature rose a bit from this morning or because I ran the engine for 1/2 hour before lunch or if the converter is putting out power now. What should I do going forward? Any suggestions?

One of those forehead slapping moments.

If the non-working outlet is a standard outlet, there is a possibility that it is fed thru a GFCI elsewhere in the house, that is tripped. Could be an outlet in a store room or basement or some obscure place. If the outside receptacle is a GFCI and not working after a reset, it most likely has failed internally. You would need to pull it out and check for incoming voltage.

Charles

Morning Charles
Yes, when I switched to the front outside outlet I noticed that it was tripped out.
I reset it and after making sure all was well I took my plug in meter and the back outlet was now energized. It appears to be wired with the front outlet hence the lack of power. When the weather warms up I will check out that back outlet.

We had cold rain here all day yesterday. Sunny skies today. I will check on the batteries soon. I expect (and hope) all will be well.

mudshark said:
Checked the voltage in the batteries this morning.
All 3 batteries are reading 13.3 volts. Looks like my problem has been corrected.
Keep in mind that the 13.3 volts is just a surface charge left from the charging process.  You will want to recheck the voltage after leaving the batteries off the charging process for a couple of hours. 

Hi Al & Sharon
The bus has been plugged in since Thursday. This morning's voltage reading in all 3 batteries is 13.43.
The voltage is coming up and I am sure it will take a few more days to really sock a charge in. I will keep the bus plugged in until I get at least 13.55 in the coach batteries.
With the converter we have I think we can leave it plugged for a long time.

I will not take a final reading without the batteries being off shore power and rested for at least a day.

It has been 5 days now and all 3 batteries are holding steady at 13.4 volts.
Guess I am out of the woods.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom