1994 Seabreeze axle shaft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cmalcott

Hi, our family is new to RV'ing. We are trying to take our first long distance trip, and are now stuck in a Walmart parking lot. We have a 1994 30' Seabreeze motorhome, and the right rear axle went out on us. My brother in law, who's a master mechanic is with us, but we can't find the part we need anywhere. We've had 2 different ones overnighted to us that we're wrong, although the specs showed it as right. We need a 39" straight axle shaft. Any advice or suggestions?

Did you check for metal identification tags or numbers on the axle itself?

Yes, there is a serial number on it, but I guess the part was changed at some point and they don't use the one we need anymore.

It's a Ford F53. And you're right. We have found it at an RV junk yard, but they want to sell us the whole rear end for a couple thousand, plus another $1500 to ship it to us (we're in Ohio and it's in Florida). And thank you for the link! I'll see what else we can find. :)

What exactly happened to it. I have repaired some terrible looking stuff. One of the worst was an old medium duty that shot the axle out of the tube with wheel and all attached. As it was sliding out it smeared and egg shape into the top of the tube. I first cut a couple of the large axle nuts in half and heated the tube and kept tapping/pounding on the half nut until I got the tube round again. Using the half nut kept the threads from getting beat flat. I kept working it until I could get a whole nut on it. Freaking blacksmith work. :) My point is that sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Thanks everyone. We ended up getting a part from a Dana distributor near Cinncinnati today. Now working on filing the threads that got chewed up to get the part back on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom