Insulated window fogging.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tippycanoe

3 insulated Windows have failed on my 1996 Pace Arrow Vision. The critical one was the front seat passenger window which allows access to viewing the right hand rear view mirror. After thoroughly reviewing all the options and receiving input from this forum I solved the problem for $60.00. Prior to this  estimates ran from a low of $585.00 (single pane) to a high of $895.00. ( insulated) .Down times ran 4 to 6 weeks and the whole window would have had to be removed. Here is how---I hired a professional glass man. He came out and taped the entire outside window in question with masking tape, punched it with a sharp nail punch and hammer and it shattered leaving the inner window intact. Cleanup was easy and then he cleaned the glass and recaulked the edges and it is AWESOME. I can now drive safely again at a super cheap price. So what if it is not  insulated it is right next to a non insulated windshield. Hope this helps others in this situation.

I have no idea where the OP got the quotes for fixing his window, but the prices I've been given by several of the places around the country that deal with this issue have been a lot less and the downtime is nowhere as long.  I suspect the OP got quotes from local RV dealers who probably would send the window off to one of the specialty shops.

Back
Top Bottom