Radio off still here a rhythmic click

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

Pretty much what the title says.  The radio is off and there is a rhythmic click through all the surround sound speakers.  It is not loud - about speaking volume.  Very annoying!

If I turn the radio on and down to zero volume it goes away but who wants to run their batts down leaving the radio on?

Ideas????

Quick fix... switch the dash "Speakers TV/Radio" switch to TV.  Should stop the clicking.

Long fix, I don't know.  Happened for a while on mine, then healed itself.  Never figured it out.

Switch the radio power to 'Engine' rather than 'House' when not in use will stop it, I think.

How rythymatic is it? Is is a constant beat, or..  ?
You may or may not know that cellphones poll the local cell sites, and will constantly chat with the host if running Waze, or a non-resident GPS, iHeart, etc. I've seen many times if you get the phone in the right position the RF can couple to the speaker wire or even power up the radio amp to lightly pop the speakers.

Thanks all - turning the speakers to TV fixed it. 

It is extremely rhythmic and no different if cell phones are with me or not. 

Yes it goes away when the power is switched to engine but I assume this is drawing some power so I was hoping to leave it off the engine batts.

Hopefully it heals itself.  If it is happening to all of us it probably is not a loose wire or a defect specific to mine.  Funny how something escapes the factory in this state.  No big deal - I don't mind toggling over to TV but I would love to know what the heck it is!

Thanks all!

This is an issue in all of these models and I suspect Winnebago engineering had no idea what the problem was or how to stop it. As others have mentioned, the only "fix" is to switch the speakers or power source.

KandT said:
Yes it goes away when the power is switched to engine but I assume this is drawing some power so I was hoping to leave it off the engine batts.

Actually, when the power is switched to 'Engine' then it's controlled by the ignition switch so it's off (except for the minute keep-alive power it draws, of course).

Thanks all!  Since we all have basically the same model, I am wondering if your Chassis batts get maintained by the solar panel?  My panel seems to only maintain the house batts.

Great and beautiful RV!  We have only owned it for a few months and still are learning about it.  So much more RV than our 31 foot class C.

The only thing I am disappointed with is the ccc of my 05 Model.  But we don?t travel with much water so that gives us a lot of extra storage weight.

Back
Top Bottom