Need help finding the converter in 2004 Pioneer 19t4!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yoanie

I have looked everywhere!!! Inside and out!  I'm thinking at this point, it dosen't exist!  No wonder it dosen't work!

HELP!

You can try plugging into shore power, turn on all your lights, then listen for the fan on the converter to kick in. Also look for your power center where your fuses and breakers are. Most of the time, the converter is right behind it.

Welcome!!!

What is the brand name/model for the power centre where all the 12V fuses and the 120V circuit breakers live?? Usually printed on the door!!

Its a model WF-8914 World Friendship co.

Attachments

• fusebox.jpg
    fusebox.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 15
The young man said that wasn't it when I sent him a picture. Now I'm so confused. You think that's it?

Welcome to The RV Forum, Yoanie!

The converter is usually part of the power center.  If yours isn't, follow the two large red wires connected to the left side of the 12 volt fuse board - one goes to the battery, the other to the converter.

Here's a link to the WFCO 89xx manual that shows things more clearly and has a brief troubleshooting procedure:

https://www.lancecamper.com/docs/manuals/Converter%20-%20WFCO%20Owner's%20Manual.pdf

The converter is usually right behind the part you posted the picture of.

You are all amazing!  Unless the converter is inside the fuse panel (the box in the picture) there is no separate or additional converter under neath.  We followed the red leads and found the one going to the battery followed the other to find it goes to nothing! Just taped on the end, along with a white lead coming off the neutral side of the buss bar also taped.  We bought this trailer used and they no nothing.  Do you suppose someone removed the converter and taped the wires assuming they could get by without it?!!  No wonder we couldn't find it!

Anything's possible.  Maybe the converter broke and they were using a battery charger clipped across the battery to keep it charged.

That's another place to look, since a stand-alone converter could be mounted near the battery and connected directly to it.

Would it be as simple as buying a converter and attaching to the red and white leads that go no where, plug it in and be done? Do converters come with general instructions on how to install?

Technically the 8914 is just the front panel with the power distribution buses (DC and AC), but there would usually be a WFCO  8935 or 8945 or 8955 converter/charger mounted behind it. Not sure what your taped off wires might mean, though.

The converter component should have 120v hot, neutral & ground connected, with two wires to feed the DC bus and the battery.

In my camper, with a WFCO  panel, the converter is directly behind the power panel.  Take off the cover and pull the screws holding the panel to the wall.  Pull it out of the wall.  The two heavy gauge red wires in the same bus by the fuses - one goes to the battery and one goes to the converter.  Since you have done all this and you have those  "red and white leads that go no where,"  you may not have a converter, as Lou suggested.  Yes, it may be as simple as buying a converter and connecting those two wires, then plugging it in.

All converters are not created equal.  I am the wrong person to ask which one.  You may want to start a new thread for suggestions on which one to get.

WFCO makes replacement sections that fit their converters and some other brands as well.  Maybe you could get one for your missing parts.
http://wfcoelectronics.com/product-category/converters/wf-8900-mba-series-replace-main-boards/

Here's one with a 35A converter/charger: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/WFCO-WF-8935-MBA-Main-Board-Assembly-35-Amp-p/19-0599.htm

On the other hand, you can buy a complete new WFCO power panel/converter for around $150 or so.
http://www.bestconverter.com/8900-Series-_c_65.html

Back
Top Bottom