What key is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Neophyte needs help with some music theory ...

I've been playing around with an arrangement and arrived at a combination of chords that work for my voice and ability to play/sing this song. But it appears to be a cross between keys (or I just can't figure out which key/s it's in). Any of our capable musicians able to tell me what key this might be?

A7, Bb, C, C7, D, D minor, D7, F, F7, G minor.

Maybe there's a key change?

A7, D, D minor (C7 turnaround)

Bb, C, C7, F, G minor (A7 turnaround)

TIA.

A friend of mine told me about this site a long time ago. Not as good as just answering your question, but you might be able to use.
http://musictheorysite.com/namethatkey/

I think you are correct about the key change. I'm no expert, but it looks to me like the first part is Key of D with an accidental D minor, and the second half (after the C7 turnaround) is Key of F with an accidental G minor. I don't have a guitar with me, so I am having a little difficulty remembering how to play some of those chord progressions. Happy strumming, and Merry Christmas.

Thanks both. I should have clarified that they weren't the progressions per se, merely alphabetical listings of the chords. The resulting chord progressions just sounded correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom