EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: DO NOT TAKE THIS ROAD "Fill in the blank"  (Read 2142 times)

Jeff in Ferndale Wa

• ---
Re: DO NOT TAKE THIS ROAD "Fill in the blank"
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 12:40:41 PM »
Well, it's worth logging here for posterity, I reckon.

I have to say, some of the views were fantastic, and I'm glad that I took that road, once.
You'll never get me on it again, though.

I've been on that road a couple times since on my motorcycle. Much better that way!
2007 Springdale 260
2008 Ford F250
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Rampage Motorcycle Lift

LarsMac

• ---
  • Larry and Margo With Ami the Chi-cha
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 02:52:20 PM »
I've been on that road a couple times since on my motorcycle. Much better that way!

Hmmm. Good point.
Yes.
2000 Itasca Sundancer 430V
2007 Saturn Vue

"The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."

halfwright

• ---
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 05:13:20 PM »
Jeff,

I am glad you mentioned that road. I tried for hours to remember the name of it.  I pulled a 36 ft. fifth wheel north bound across it, but was in the oncoming traffic lane far more than I liked. I still do not know how I missed some of the rocks that stuck out and over the lane. I made it with no damage, but will never travel it again. In fact, I do not even like to think about it.
Jim And Darlene Wright
Full-timing with
Ryder, half poodle-- half garbage disposal
All in a
2007 Montana Mountaineer
2002 F250 Super duty 7.3 liter

rvannie23

• ---
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 08:37:16 PM »
  I-20 west bound in Louisiana. Nothing but expansion joints the whole length....ka-dunk ka-dunk ka-dunk Then as a goodbye gesture, the last 20 miles into Shrevesport will jolt every piece of suspension you have left!

X2!!! I used to travel this road with my cat in his carrier. A couple of those KA DUNK KA DUNKS on the overpass and he would wake up from a peaceful sleep and puke all over. Thatís how bad it was. Couldnít imagine doing it with a camper too.
2014 Laredo 274rb TT
2015 Duramax
FL - MS - TX

JudyJB

• ---
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 10:37:30 PM »
Just thought of another--the Oakville Grade that goes from Sonoma to Napa.  On the map it looks like a great little shortcut, but it is steep with very tight turns and very steep drop-offs with no shoulders.  During the Napa fires, a driver of a water truck went off this road and was killed when his truck went off the embankment. 

On the other hand, this would be a great road in a sports car with the top down or on a motorcycle.  Some gorgeous homes and vineyards up there, but hard to see as they are tucked away from view.   
Full-timing for over five years in a
2012 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31N

Hosted by Over The Network