Lippert LCI Front Jack Blowout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbFL

Need some advice

Last night we got into our site, our Lippert 3.0 auto leveling has been acting up recently but nothing I can?t fix by re-homing the auto leveler. While in the process of re-homing you must extend all jacks 6 inches and then run he retract all function. As it was running, my front right jack totally blew out and he trailer dropped about 4inches immediately win a big thud. The motor now spins but the jack does not move. I imagine the gear inside is shot and I need to get that fixed

My question is what?s the best approach here. We?re still under 2 year warranty with Jayco, but I cannot lift the trailer to get it on the truck now. How can I jack the trailer up to get this fixed? Anyone ever experience this problem before?

Merry Christmas by the way  :eek:

Find an inexpensive bottle jack at Harbor Freight or Walmart or Home Depot.  That and maybe some blocks ought to let you raise that corner enough to hitch up.  Or maybe somebody else in the park near you has one you could borrow? Or the park office?

A 4 ton jack runs about $17 and a 2-ton model about $14. 2-ton is probably sufficient for one front corner, but I'd be more comfortable with the 4-ton model.

Keep the jack in case you ever need to change a tire on the road.

i agree with Gary - the good news is its under warranty i had the opposite issue with mine a couple years ago as it wouldnt retract so we had to do it manualy ( interesting experience ) it was a burnt out relay on my case
Generally they pretty reliable , good luck and merry xmas

The bottle jack is a good idea. I stripped out the nut in my manual tongue jack and used the truck jack and a lot or boards to get it high enough to connect to the hitch.

You didn?t mention which jack you have but Grand Design just recalled about 4,000Lippert Smart Jacks on their 2017 and 2018 trailers.
It seems the laminated plastic touch pad would delaminates or crack and allow water to enter the controls thus causing uncontrolled operation.
Maybe this helps you...

Contact your dealer and see what they say. They may be able (through the manufacturer) to authorize a mobile guy to come and look at it.

Update on this. had a mobile tech come out and have a look. The threading inside was stripped and I'm out of warranty. I called Lippert and they only replace the whole leg (motor and all). I just bought it and i'll install it myself, came to ~350 on etrailer.com.

In the meantime we're not letting it slow us down, I'm using a 12ton bottle-jack to get by in the meantime and resting the trailer on the pin when leveled.

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom