Any Bullseye (Precision Pistol) Shooters Among Us?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heli_av8tor

This will be our first extended snowbirding winter. We will be arriving Quartzsite in mid-January and slowly traveling east along the southern border.

I'm wondering if there are any opportunities for Bullseye shooting along the way. Doesn't have to be formal matches, just something to keep me in the game.

I also shoot NRA air pistol silhouette. It would be cool to find some activity along those lines too.

Tom

Hello Tom:

I am a pistol shooter also, although I haven't done much lately.  We plan to be in "Q" for a few days
likely the 25th through 28th or so.  We will be with the RV Forum group.  Maybe we can cross trails
and go find a place to burn some powder.  I am not sure if there is a dedicated target range anywhere
near "Q".  I will do some research just in case.

Larry

THEBigLarry said:
Hello Tom:

I am a pistol shooter also, although I haven't done much lately.  We plan to be in "Q" for a few days
likely the 25th through 28th or so.  We will be with the RV Forum group.  Maybe we can cross trails
and go find a place to burn some powder.  I am not sure if there is a dedicated target range anywhere
near "Q".  I will do some research just in case.

Larry

Larry as a side note, what's in the background of your avatar. Is it a stage coach?  It's hard to make out.  :eek: ::) :-\

THEBigLarry said:
We plan to be in "Q" for a few days
and go find a place to burn some powder.

Larry

We'll be there, too. Let's plan on it.
Tom

I shoot when possible. I also conceal carry a small 9mm. I also have a ruger P89 9mm .DW has a Baretta 25 cal. it is so small I could carry it in my pocket except that is her gun and I am not allowed to shoot it but she does.

Looks like there are plenty of plinking opportunities.

I was looking for for clubs that have formal or informal Bullseye Pistol practice, leagues, or matches from Quartzsite to Florida along our southern boarder.

Tom

No "bullseye" here, my sport is IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) an action pistol sport.  Haven't had much luck at shooting while we are traveling but I always look for clubs in the area where we will be.  Jim.

Good timing, We hopefully will be spending some time in AZ this Feb., and was thinking about asking too.

I shoot 50' indoor National Gallery matches in the winter here in MI. 

Not a target shooter by any means, but I do enjoy taking a bag of empty cans out and punching holes in them with my dad's 100 year old 1911.  Yes, I police my brass and what's left of my "targets".

last year I bought a Traditions Trapper Flint Lock pistol .50cal. . if you want some slow it down real fun, try one of these.
this pistol is more accurate than I am.

I've been wanting a black powder gun.  They use them a lot for hunting around me and I just thought they'd be fun.  Then we moved into the m/h and space became a concern.  Never thought of a bp pistol until now.  Thanks.

i also have a  Pietta Remington 1858 New Army .44 cal cap and ball revolver.
this is quite accurate to say the least and also shoots better than i can.
if you deer hunt, black power seasons can extend your hunting season and increase your bag capability.

I used to be involved in the running of a gun club here in the UK. We had an indoor home range and access to various outdoor ranges. Our member shot centrefire and rimfire precision competitions, PPC style competitions and IPSC competition. We also had shotgun and rifle competitions.

However for many years now since the Hungerford and Dunblane incidents all hanguns are banned as are semi auto rifles. It's still possible to shoot rifle and shotgun but the licensing restrictions are such these days that I can no longer afford the hassle and expense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom