Do you have a motorcycle with you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedandSilver

I was just wondering how many of you have a motorcycle with you while RV'ing?

In my case I ONLY have motorcycles (2) with me.  No 4 wheel vehicles at all.  And I'm not about to use the MH to go get groceries.

There are a few people at the RV park I'm in that have motorcycles but one has a car and a motorcycle and the other has a truck and a motorcycle.

So I wonder if I'm alone in only having motorcycles?  But that is one of the main reasons I'm in FL now, so I CAN ride during the Winter which I can't do back at home.

But my question is - do you have a motorcycle with you - and if so, how did you transport it along with the RV you are in?
Did you use an Class A or C and a trailer or Toy-hauler or in the back of a pickup that was a toad etc?

We almost NEVER leave home without motorcycles.  When Peg and I were both doing trackdays, there were two race bikes and a Yamaha Zuma 50cc scooter for our pit bike.  Now, when we leave there will be two street bikes in the T.H.  One for her and one for me.  Might even try to take the Zuma along for getting around the campsite.

I usually have 4 or 5 with me all the time... Outlaw toyhauler...  1 street bike for running around on and my vintage race bikes..  I also have a hitch rack for the back that I can haul one more if needed...

Bob

Attachments

• mh toyhauler loaded and ready...jpg
    mh toyhauler loaded and ready...jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 52
I?ve had motorcycles all my life. We just recently switched to a Trike. Waaaaay different from what I?ve been used to, but from a comfort point of view, especially for her, I?m getting used to it and surprisingly for me it?s been a blast to ride. Depending on what kind of camping we are doing, we probably take it about half the time in our toy hauler.

Boonieman said:
I?ve had motorcycles all my life. We just recently switched to a Trike. Waaaaay different from what I?ve been used to, but from a comfort point of view, especially for her, I?m getting used to it and surprisingly for me it?s been a blast to ride. Depending on what kind of camping we are doing, we probably take it about half the time in our toy hauler.

Do you tow your trike on a trailer? I saw one the other day towed 2 down with the front wheel in s hitch carrier. I didn't think that could be done!

We put ours inside the toy hauler, but going out west this year I saw a couple different people towing their trikes two-down. I was surprised also, but I thought man, that might be an option I could use some day! One thing about unloading a Trike from a toy hauler, at least a stock Harley, is the tailpipes are too low and if you back it down the ramps the tailpipes will dig into the dirt, or worse, if on concrete it will scrape the crap out of the pipes. I keep two five foot 2x10?s under the Trike while traveling and use them to reduce the angle at the bottom of the main ramp. Thank goodness a friend of mine that has a Trike prewarned me when I got mine.

I just bought a '06 coachman class C toyhauler, just loaded my ultra classic into it. Its a tight fit but i have it loaded! Heading to florida mid january. Hoping all goes well! I have been hauling the bike in a cargo van for the last few winters so looking forward to having the bike and living quarters now!

We sold our 3 Harleys and bought a Jeep.  My shoulder won't let me ride much anymore, anyway, and it's way nicer to get groceries in the rain if I have to.

Boonieman said:
We put ours inside the toy hauler, but going out west this year I saw a couple different people towing their trikes two-down. I was surprised also, but I thought man, that might be an option I could use some day! One thing about unloading a Trike from a toy hauler, at least a stock Harley, is the tailpipes are too low and if you back it down the ramps the tailpipes will dig into the dirt, or worse, if on concrete it will scrape the crap out of the pipes. I keep two five foot 2x10’s under the Trike while traveling and use them to reduce the angle at the bottom of the main ramp. Thank goodness a friend of mine that has a Trike prewarned me when I got mine.

There is another option you could do.  Buy a sheet of 3/4" plywood and a piano hinge about 6' long.  Cut the plywood so that it is about 22-24" wide ( it could be less if you don't need that much width) and about 6 to 8" shorter than the width of your ramp door.  Mount the plywood inside so that the piano hinge will allow the plywood to fold out onto the ground once the ramp gate is open.  When you get ready to close the ramp gate, you simply fold the plywood back so that it lays on the ramp door then raise and close the ramp door.  The plywood hangs there out of the way and doesn't take hardly any space.  I've had two trailers with the aux. Fold out ramp and they work very well.  Just a thought.

We used to carry our Harley, our son's Harley and our Jeep in our enclosed trailer but found over the past couple of years we were riding the bike less and less when on vacation and using the Jeep more and more so now we just flat-tow the Jeep everywhere.  Ride the bikes around home or on weekend getaways but don't take them with us any longer.

Mike

I haven't had a full sized street bike for quite a while now, but I've had my TW200 since I bought it new in 2007.

I recently changed my picture to show it off.

I carry my Goldwing on the back of my 3/4 ton Chevy pulling a 34' trailer. We winter in Florida and wanted more living space and didn't care for the garage in a toy hauler. Ride everyday.

For a few years, I carried a Suzuki GZ250 in the bed of my Titan, towing first a 94 19' Terry, then a 34' Rockwood Ultra Lite.  Drop the RV, slip out the Zuki, and go explore the backroads and byways of wherever I happened to land.  AZ to NY, UT to FL and lots of places inbetween.

At 250cc, I could only go 60 mph, and that was a strain. In Sep 2015. looking for something just a little bigger, settled on a V Star 950 Touring.  While trying to find the best price, ended up at the local Harley dealer.  Drank the FREE Kool-Aid. Rode off on a Heritage Softtail. 

During my annual mini-snowbird adventure in January, 2016, with the Titan, Rockwood and Zuki, visited the FREE RV show in Phoenix.  Drove off with a Winnebago View.  Traded the Rockwood, kept the Titan.  Rented a U-Haul motorcycle trailer and took Zuki to Congress, AZ, then up to Bryce and Zion NP where I explored every inch on Zuki.  Since then, Softtail follows along in a 5x10 box trailer that my son in law just happens to be storing in my back 40.  Last May, Acadia NP and St. John, NB, then by June, (this time with my 13 yo grandson on the back) Seattle, WA, Oregon, Vancouver Island, Banff and Jasper NP.

A local guy around here carries a Sportster on the front of his pusher. Been carrying it like that for about 3 years that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom