monaco cayman tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellis

hey guys  got a question ,,,  i have  2007 monaco cayman  pdq  i have removed my  bedroom old rca  tv  ,,, with no problem ,,, put in  a flat screen ,,, now  my front tv is also the old RCA  tv  and wow when i pulled it is  nothing but  wires  , cables and all but my question at the front of  the wood  frame is a small black piece that looks like a mini camera ,,,it sits at the bottom of the wood frame  just below the tv ,,,  when i got the tv out  this thing was attached to a wire that looked like it was a  single pin video  plug ,,, i have no idea what it is for or used for ,,, the wire just goes up in the ceiling somewere ,,, any ideas what it is used for ,,,

Attachments

• rv tv.jpg
    rv tv.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 17
  • rv tv 3.jpg
    rv tv 3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 15
Yeah, that's an "eye" for an infrared remote control. If the wood surround covers up the tv's infrared remote sensor, they add that little camera to relay the signal. Most modern remotes are infrared, which means a direct line-of-sight is needed. Some few still use radio (RF remotes) which can bounce around corners and such.

Chances are that eye relays a signal for either your video switch box, DVD player, or satellite receiver. Human nature is to point the remote at the tv to do a TV-related function, but if the actual electronic box (satellite receiver, DVD player, etc) is elsewhere, that eye & wire relays the infrared light signal to it.

thank you everyone that was very helpful ,,,  so now when i put the new flat screen in i  should not have to use  this ,,,,  thank you again

Gary, is that a box of RV parts that you're standing next to in your avatar, or beer? (Both of which, in my opinion, are of equal value)

Kev 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom