Best Replacement Converter for 2004 Pioneer 19t4 Travel Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yoanie

Hello,

Thank you all again for your advice on my missing converter!  A wealth of information here on this board!

Does anyone have a suggestion for what type of converter we should get for a small travel trailer?

Thank you,

Yoanie

Or shop around here:

http://www.bestconverter.com/

They will gladly answer any questions you have about converters, and make solid recommendations, not just sell you anything that will "fit in the hole".

Progressive dynamics is good. Some people have good luck with them but I wouldn't buy wfco. You want something like the PD that will go to 14.4 volts and make any generator run time more efficient if you dry camp etc. If you talk to Randy at Best have your model number as some of the PD kits will have a fuse panel upgrade included if you need it.

Since your power center doesn't include space for the converter, there isn't a "hole" for a retrofit style converter to fit into.  You'll want a stand-alone model to put outside the power center, not one made to go inside it.

The Progressive Industries 9500 series is great, I also wouldn't go with a WFCO.

If the area where the existing converter wires go to isn't convenient, another option is to ignore the taped off wires (take them out) and mount the converter closer to the batteries, connecting it directly to the battery terminals.

Did you get your converter issue resolved?  We just bought a 2004 19t4 and DH had a heck of a time finding the converter.  It is in the area behind the fake panel board that is under the fuse panel.  He had to take out the furnace tubing to be able to get to it well.  Hope that makes sense.  I have a picture but don't know how to post pictures on this forum

Here it is...the converter is behind these circles where the furnace tubing goes

Attachments

• IMG_8324.JPG
    IMG_8324.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom