Domestic comfort air thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattyRN

I had this furnace working nicely until we ran out of propane last week.  Now, the thermostat is giving me nothing but problems and I can't get it to turn the furnace on.  I have looked through all my paperwork and there is no thermostat user manual.  Does anyone have one they could scan and share with me?  Mine is the basic model, not the 2 version.

Hi Patty. Someone here may be able to help you with a copy of the manual, but running out of propane shouldn't cause the thermostat to malfunction. What exactly are the problems you're experiencing?

Kev

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/media/uploads/1/11504_Dometic-Comfort-Control-Center-2-Thermostat-Manual.pdf

Have you tried lighting the stove burners since replacing the propane tank?  Since you said you ran completely out, you likely got air into the lines when you replaced the tank.  Lighting the stove will purge the line fairly quickly and you can visually see when you get a stable flame.  Then try the furnace again.

Your problem is almost surely not the thermostat - all it can do is signal the furnace that heat is needed. The thermostat doesn't care about propane at all - that's what the furnace is for.

Since you ran out of propane, there is undoubtedly air in the propane lines and the furnace isn't getting enough gas to operate correctly. If the stove lights, let it burn for 20-30 minutes and then make further attempts to get the furnace going. You have to shut the thermostat off and back on again each time the furnace fails to light, so it can be tedious. Eventually, though, the propane flow will get sufficient so the furnace lights and runs OK.

Initially after the propane tank was refilled the furnace worked.  Then it stopped.  I would reset it and it would go to program 2 and with it on that, the furnace wouldn't kick in.  I'm sure it's a thermostat issue since I was able to get the furnace to fire up and heat the camper initially.

You may have run for a few minutes on the residual gas in the line before hitting the air  pocket.  I stress this to check it first, because if this is the problem, the fix is free and easy to do.  It is also a common problem.  If this is not the problem, then spend the money for a thermostat.

Program 2 is simply the program for Zone #2, probably the rear a/c & heat. Can you explain further what you mean by "it would go to program 2"?  Does zone 2 have a separate furnace, or maybe the #2 a/c is a heat pump?

Is your thermostat the one shown in the manual that beaverfever posted?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom