RV Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NY_Dutch said:
Yes, but many parks require that the TC remains attached to the truck.

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind that. What's the difference between the TC sitting on a site without the truck, and a trailer sitting on a site without the truck?

Some communities require a trailer/camper to remain "on wheels" to be classified as a portable dwelling.  From a regulatory standpoint, letting a truck camper sit on the ground comes close to erecting a shanty shack on the campsite.

kdbgoat said:
I don't quite understand the reasoning behind that. What's the difference between the TC sitting on a site without the truck, and a trailer sitting on a site without the truck?

As Lou said, it's often a regulatory issue...

Depends on the campground rules. We have a yearly spot where we can leave everything here in the summer. Can live on site for 6 months. Not only do we take the camper of the truck (red neck spare room) we also have a 5th wheel trailer, storage shed, enclosed trailer, washing machine outside, clothes line, fire pit and 3 motorcycles. No extra charges for the extra "stuff" I would guess 99% of RV parks would not allow this. BUT that's why we stay here. ;)

Attachments

• smal campsite 1.jpg
    smal campsite 1.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom