Motorcycle Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a tough question.  By most definitions, this is a double tow - MH is towing the (1) Jeep towing a (2) trailer with the bike.

In several states, especially in the northeast and south, double tows are illegal, period.
In many midwest and western states, they are legal, but there are restrictions like must be truck - FW - second trailer.  A double tow with both ball hitch attachments would be troublesome.  There are also overall length restrictions, but you are likely under those limits.

Each state sets their own laws on this.  Google State Towing Laws for sites like    http://www.hitchemup.com/statetowinglaws.htm    You must meet the laws of each state you will pass through.

Bagelboy said:
I have a Class C motorhome and pull my 2004 Jeep. My question is, if I get a trailer, will I be able to tow my Honda Goldwing behind my jeep

Goldwings aren't built to trailer. They're built to ride.
Now a Harley......... it's different.:)

malexander said:
Goldwings aren't built to trailer. They're built to ride.
Now a Harley......... it's different.:)

Too early for beer but I better make some popcorn. :)

a Goldwing is about the same to motorcycling ... as a cruise ship is to sailing.

Alpena Jeff said:
It's all good. Not everybody gets it.
Someone say popcorn? 8)

That looks like a beauty of a bike.

Diesel or gas (The Class C) with a gasser if you put the Jeep on a trailer you will likely be overweight. IN fact there is a good chance the jeep itself is a bit heavy for the RV.

Now.. There are motorcycle carriers that fit on the JEEP from what I understand, kind of like a bicycle carrier.  But I do not know much about them.  That would be my suggestion.

But be careful of your Maximum Combined Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.

Do you have to even shift gears on a Wing...or are they a full automatic now days ?      I know they have a reverse.    ;D

If it was me I'd buy a smaller electric start dual-sport type bike and put it on a bumper rack.    like a Kaw KLR650

I don't know squat about motorcycles. But I understand the BMWs are the best road motorcycles.  Now throw the pies at me. I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom