rubber gasgets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellis

hello ,,, all the rubber seals around the slide outs,,  would it be a good idea to spray silicon on them to keep them flexable or just leave them alone

Our Winnebago owners manual says our slide seals need nothing on them at all. It also says that if you want to put something on them, use 303. We have horses, and they kick up a lot of dust, so I've applied 303 to the seals a couple of times, just to keep them clean.

Kev

I've heard of using silicone spray, 303 protectant, slide seal spray from your local RV dealer, and also using talcum powder on the inside seals (which I have done) to help keep them from sticking when one pulls in the slides. They are made of the same stuff as the seals around the doors on your car. What do you use on those seals? Just sayin'

when I first bought our RV, the slide seals were noisey....Squeeking and squeeling all the way.  I bought some high priced aerosol foam product meant for slide seals.  In hind site I realize that was useless.... a fool and their money... but it did quiet them down

kdbgoat said:
I've heard of using silicone spray, 303 protectant, slide seal spray from your local RV dealer, and also using talcum powder on the inside seals (which I have done) to help keep them from sticking when one pulls in the slides. They are made of the same stuff as the seals around the doors on your car. What do you use on those seals? Just sayin'

Never knew this.  Thanks for your informative post.  I have been getting up on a ladder to reach in and apply some so-called slide seal lube (on a rag on the end of a pole) to the seal at the top of the slide ....... under the topper...... a real struggle.  The operative words are "have been" ................ no mas.  :-[  Reading this forum is sure a continuing education..............luv it.

Happy New Year and safe travels

Back
Top Bottom