furnace not operating properly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cajunmike

When I burn the propane furnace on my 2016 Fleetwood Bounder it smells horrible.  I thought at first it was just because it wasn't used much, but it seems to be burning very rich, the smell is strong and it will set off the alarms inside the coach.  I did notice that there is a thick smoke coming from the exhaust, on our other coach it was just warm air coming from there.  Is there a way to adjust this or do I need to take it to a technician? Thanks for any help.

You definitely need to get it sorted out. You should never be able to smell combustion products inside the RV, and there should never be smoke at the exhaust. Something is seriously wrong, and a 2016 ought to be under warranty yet.

The most common problems are bug nests or whatever disrupting the flow of air in/out of the combustion chamber, but it could also be a failed gasket or even a hole on the combustion chamber.

Two things
One yes. There is an air fuel adjustment, it is a slider on my Furnace it is on the right end of the blower housing, in the burner assembly area.. You said "Thick black" this indicates dang near no air.  or.. Another issue,, and alas there are enough "other issues" I am not familiar with for me to even guess.

The othe rsource of odore is a vanishing odor, dust that settles in the system in the summer burns off, but you do not usually see smoke and NEVER from the exhaust.

I'm wondering if you might have an insect nesting in the heat exchanger as well

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom