Life ain't so bad in the north...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A guy I used to work with would always say, when they were showing some winter blizzard on the news....."I don't feel sorry for 'em, they had all summer to move."

That ice sure looks a lot like Thunder Bay ice.

Roy M said:
8) That is a productive day. I love warm weather fishing but sitting there with my butt glued to the ice is not my idea of fun.

Roy,  you sit on a nice ?padded? bucket. Or, in a chair in a heated ice hut/tent. Drinking the ?hot? drink of your choice....wait?n of the fish to bite!

Memtb said:
    Roy,  you sit on a nice ?padded? bucket. Or, in a chair in a heated ice hut/tent. Drinking the ?hot? drink of your choice....wait?n of the fish to bite!
Kinda like this....

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 46
OH a heated cab atv too!!!  Nice

Ok We looked at property on Long lk years ago. I recall a high bank.  Lived on Long rapids Rd when very young. Just down the road from where Tom Mail (?) old store used to be near Bolton rd.  I remember going in the old store with a huge pot belly wood stove. They eventually tore it down and moved the road intersection and built a new bridge.

Life ain't so bad in the South either.  At this time of year I'll stay in the South.  Enjoy the negative temps up there.  ;D ;D ;D

QZ said:

Ok We looked at property on Long lk years ago. I recall a high bank.  Lived on Long rapids Rd when very young. Just down the road from where Tom Mail (?) old store used to be near Bolton rd.  I remember going in the old store with a huge pot belly wood stove. They eventually tore it down and moved the road intersection and built a new bridge.

Plan on using the little class c (rolling ice hut on the shore) if we spend more than a day. And, use the ?heated cab? UTV to/from lines...if it?s cold!

QZ said:

Store is still there and up for sale. I can hook you up!?

RedandSilver said:
Life ain't so bad in the South either.  At this time of year I'll stay in the South.  Enjoy the negative temps up there.  ;D ;D ;D
Until I can get away, that is the plan. It's up to 7F now. Getting ready to go fishing. Was out in genes and sweatshirt. I'll throw a jacket on when I hit the ice.
God, life is good!

My preferred method, is with an electrician friend of mine. Fire-up the “megger”.....pick up the “floaters” you like!  ;D  Though the game and fish department frowns upon such practices! 

[quote author=Memtb]Fire-up the ?megger?[/quote]

In my younger days we used to chase guys around the shop with a Megger. Guys got so paranoid about getting zapped that we could chase someone with just a pair of wires (no Megger attached), and they'd run away  ;D

For the benefit of folks who don't know what we're talking about, a "Megger" is a portable instrument that can generate up to 1,000,000 volts to test the insulation on electric wires. In my younger days, they were hand-cranked generators, but there's no need to crank the newer models.

I don't advocate using one to zap fish, but my working buddies were fair game.

The curious learned quickly when we would leave a charged capacitor laying around. Better yet was to put a M80 or cherry bomb under a piece of equipment and wrap a shipping tag wire around the fuse then wire it to the ignition.

On electric vehicles with mega amps available do similar but put a wad of 16 Gage wire under the vehicle on the floor. As soon as the main contactor closed the smoke would roll. Everyone has that natural instinct to want to pull the Anderson connectors but just can't seem to out run electricity. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom