Stinkin Batteries!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pegymo52

Anyone want to offer some information on RV batteries??? both of ours have died, is there a brand that is better than an other or does Walmart have the bomb???

My house and engine batteries are all from Walmart.  My engine batteries are normal cold crank batteries and my house batteries are deep cycle AGM, both are Group 31 (all are Duracell).  You can pay a lot for batteries but why? There are only 3 manufactures, the only difference is the sticker and the warranty and the Walmart warranty is fine.

These are marine/RV?  Group 27 or 29? Do you check the water? How old? What converter are you using? What voltage are you seeing? Do you have a battery monitor? More batteries die from under charging vs over charging.

For houuse batteries we normally recommeng GC-2 Six volt golf car batteries. and the best is Trojan or LIfeline (AGM"S) but they are also more expensive.

Sam's club is about the best "Bang for the Buck"

Costco has Interstate batteries. Just bought 2 GC-2 6 volt batteries for $85 each plus $15 core charge. Batteries+ has GC-2 boxes for $12 each.

Most batteries come from the same 4 factories no matter what label in on case.  Compare battery specs, not brand names.  You want true deep cycles for house battery(s) and a standard type to crank the engine - see my RVForum Library article on Battery Choices at http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/Choosing_right_battery.pdf

By the way, Interstate is NOT a battery manufacturer - they are just one of the larger distributors of a private label brand.

Back
Top Bottom