They missed me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Administrator
The latest 'Richest people' table has some interesting people and $$$ numbers:
  • Jeff Bazos (amazon.com) $99.6B
  • Bill Gates (Microsoft) $91.3B
  • Warren Buffet $85
  • Amancio Ortega (Spanish retailer)  $75.7B
  • Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook)  $72.6B
  • Larry Ellison (Oracle)  $53B
  • Larry Page (Google)  $53B
  • Elon Musk  (Tesla)  $20B

May be mistaken but thought I read that Walmart may surpass Amazon Internet sales.  If so, that may impact Bezos #1 position.  What's interesting about the list are the four relative newcomers.  Bezos, Zuckerberg, Page and Musk were not on the list 20 year ago.  What a difference a day makes or perhaps, what a difference an IPO makes. 

Source.  1997  data.  http://stats.areppim.com/listes/list_billionairesx97xwor.htm

Sales aren't in the calculation. It's primarily determined by stock price.

Too funny, I read those net worth numbers and they are almost incomprehensible. I get excited if I get a few extra bucks on a pension payment. Existing in that realm seems like fantasy land to a guy like me.

Tom said:
Sales aren't in the calculation. It's primarily determined by stock price.

I suspect the majority of Carlos Slim's net worth is in the value of his shares of America Movil, the New York Times, and his many other holdings. His various companies are said to account for about 40% of the listings on the Mexican Stock Exchange, and his net worth is equivalent to about 6 percent of Mexico?s GDP.

Don't turn this into a political discussion but all of those names that I recognize are Democrats or Democrat contributors.  I thought it was the Republicans who were the rich folks..............lol

Bill

Bill N said:
Don't turn this into a political discussion but all of those names that I recognize are Democrats or Democrat contributors.  I thought it was the Republicans who were the rich folks..............lol

Bill

Wow.  I thought all Democrats were looking for a free ride.  Sorry folks, couldn't help myself. 

Bill N said:

Bill

I believe you just turned this into a political discussion.  The primary difference I see between most Democrats and most Republicans is how they view money.  It is my observation that most Democrats see money for its' utility value.  That is, what good can I do with my money, such as, Both Warren Buffet, and Bill Gates plan to give most of their fortunes away, and both have already started doing that.

However, on the other hand it is my observation most Republicans see money for its' intrinsic value, and making and keeping more money just for the sake of making and keeping money is their goal.  They love money.  In the end, money is their god.  Then there are the Republicans who believe in the "prosperity gospel", that is God wants you to be wealthy, so making a keeping money is just doing what God wants.  This includes Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer and Creflo Dollar, and many more.  Also, they believe in the converse of that belief, and that is, if you are poor, it is because you are not a good enough Christian, and dont deserve to have money.

I will end of a quote from Timothy 1 6-10 from the bible. "Certainly, the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Some people who have set their hearts on getting rich have wandered away from the Christian faith and have caused themselves a lot of grief."

This quote is from the God's Word Translation.

Paul & Ann said:
I believe you just turned this into a political discussion.  The primary difference I see between most Democrats and most Republicans is how they view money.  It is my observation that most Democrats see money for its' utility value.  That is, what good can I do with my money, such as, Both Warren Buffet, and Bill Gates plan to give most of their fortunes away, and both have already started doing that.

However, on the other hand it is my observation most Republicans see money for its' intrinsic value, and making and keeping more money just for the sake of making and keeping money is their goal.  They love money.  In the end, money is their god.  Then there are the Republicans who believe in the "prosperity gospel", that is God wants you to be wealthy, so making a keeping money is just doing what God wants.  This includes Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer and Creflo Dollar, and many more.  Also, they believe in the converse of that belief, and that is, if you are poor, it is because you are not a good enough Christian, and dont deserve to have money.

I will end of a quote from Timothy 1 6-10 from the bible. "Certainly, the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Some people who have set their hearts on getting rich have wandered away from the Christian faith and have caused themselves a lot of grief."

This quote is from the God's Word Translation.
Well said Paul.
So as a preachers kid and a man of God I suggest you donate your Voyage and all other assets to the charity of your choice. Until then, I'm done with you!
Popcorn done!

Bill N said:

Bill

Oh Bill, I've missed you like the flu.........lol

Politics.  Check.  Religion.  Check.  It's only a matter of time before someone mentions guns.  Boring.

I stand by my beliefs. If you start quoting scripture be prepared.
And I'm a Sig Sauer guy! Now made in America!
Popcorn a little salty, crap.
Peace and love to all.

Tom and Margi said:
Politics.  Check.  Religion.  Check.  It's only a matter of time before someone mentions guns.  Boring.
Chief Executive Officer Christopher J. Killoy said in a press release Wednesday Ruger raked in a net profit of $25 million between April 1 and July 1 ? 44 percent less than second quarter 2016.

Best I could do tying guns in with money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom