Class C shopper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharz

Am looking at Class C's....so many out there and not sure what to look for.  Do know that Winnebago has a good reputation but there are others like Forest River and Jayco.  Looking for one about 27 ft.  Does anyone have any input about which brands to avoid or to choose?

I'm satisfied with mine. Coachmen is a supposed low end manufacturer, but I have had two now with no major issues, and have had great service from both Coachmen and their suppliers. A lot depends on how "refined" of an RV you want. Coachmen has three levels, Freelander, Leprechaun, and Concorde, with each being a level above the other. A lot depends on how much you want things like solid wood cabinets, solid surface countertops, etc. All manufacturers make lemons, and all make seemingly perfect units. It boils down to what features you want, and how much you want to pay. The floorplan is one of the first major considerations though.

Welcome to the Forum!

FLOOR PLAN  is the most critical consideration.  If you do not love the floor plan, it is unlikely you will ever really like the camper.

All manufacturers make several levels of campers.  Each level up the chain will include more amenities and better quality COMPONENTS.  Build quality is equally poor.  Better quality components does not apply to furnaces, A/C, water heater, etc.  It applies to cabinet materials and construction, fabric quality on the furniture, counter top material,  wall insulation, etc.

You get what you pay for.  Please go in educated!  Read lots of threads here, and check our Library link.  Lots of excellent free information.

We have a Leprechaun and like it.  It?s important that you like the floor plan.

Welcome to the forum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom