New 5W and our first trip.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LFHenderson

We purchase a new Durango G384RLT the Friday before Christmas and will be taking our first short trip in it next week. It has already taught me that our road and driveway are way narrower than I thought. Nothing like trying to back in 40ft of 5W and 20ft of truck off of a single lane road.

Ha! Welcome to the forum. We're in the process of looking at a 5th wheel that's about 40' long and I've been concerned about exactly what you're describing.
Bob

We got home with it from the dealer and after 3 attempts to back in with it dark I gave up and pulled into the driveway ( have room to turn around in our drive or pasture).

Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm sure you'll get used to the reversing with practice!

Good luck and safe travels.

Yep.  Practice makes...well, better.  As many times as I've done this, it still takes me a couple to a few tries to get it all lined up.  This was my old truck, a Crew Cab longbed.  I now have a Crew Cab shortbed.  It's only a little better.  It still takes me a time or two to get it lined up just right.  And I have a wider driveway now.

Attachments

• DSCN0507 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0507 (Small).JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom