Tampa RV Show - January 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Stephens

Just wondering if anyone from the forum is planning on attending the upcoming Tampa RV show. I thought a few had already talked about it, but a search pulled nothing up. DW and I will drive up Wednesday the 17th and dry camp for two days with our Collies. Hope to see some of you there!

We might attend but not sure which day.  I feel I did my good deed for the day on Wednesday,  I was traveling in my toad south on I-75 between Wildwood and  Tampa when I saw a Monaco going down the interstate with the bat wing TV antenna up.  I honked the horn and indicated for them to pull over and let them know.

If I could figure a way of getting there without getting in Death Highway (I-4), I would go.  ;) ;D

A little change of plans now considering the less than stellar weather forecast for next week.  We've decided to drive up Thurs morning to the show and stay the night nearby.  Going to hit the show again on Fri and then head back home.  We're thinking this will not only give us more time for the show, but will also allow a bit more flexibility for weather.  (us Floridians don't do high 50's to mid 60's too well...)

SWFL FlyFisher said:
A little change of plans now considering the less than stellar weather forecast for next week.  We've decided to drive up Thurs morning to the show and stay the night nearby.  Going to hit the show again on Fri and then head back home.  We're thinking this will not only give us more time for the show, but will also allow a bit more flexibility for weather.  (us Floridians don't do high 50's to mid 60's too well...)

I know what you mean. I told the DW today that we picked the absolute worst time to go to the show when I found out the forecasted low for Wednesday night is 32 degrees, and that's the night we'll be dry camping there. We'll have to pack the winter coats and I guess we'll finally find out how well the furnace works and how well the coach is insulated.

Another change of plans.  We were going to head up to look at floor plans, hoping to aid us in our search, but as luck would have it we found our new (to us) TT last night, did the inspection today, and towed her home tonight.  Did the deal in time to cancel our Tampa hotel with no penalties so instead of freezing up at the show, we're now planning to just hunker down at home for the next day or two until it warms up, then we'll get working on making the new rig our own.  She a 2012 FunFinder X-214WSD.  Great shape except we're going to need to replace the awning fabric and I want to put a new set of tires on (but we figured that into the offer).  Rig came with a cheap Curt 8,000 lb WD hitch with round bars, but I'm looking to change that out for a good WD/anti-sway setup and am looking for recommendations.

We had planned on going, but something came up yesterday, and it did get COLD mid afternoon, followed by a hard freeze last night.  Today's high temp prediction is only 52, and only 41 now at 11:30, so we are not going.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    We had planned on going, but something came up yesterday, and it did get COLD mid afternoon, followed by a hard freeze last night.  Today's high temp prediction is only 52, and only 41 now at 11:30, so we are not going.

Ed

Come on Ed. 52 isn't that bad.  :eek: ::) ;)  You know where it's a lot colder and snowy.  :)(

Rene T said:
Come on Ed. 52 isn't that bad.  :eek: ::) ;)  You know where it's a lot colder and snowy.  :)(

52 wasn't bad with the sun shining, but 27 at 6AM when the dogs wanted outside was too cold for me. At least I found out my furnace works well. That's something you usually can't test when you live in South Florida.

Back
Top Bottom