Mounting an Icom in a F350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tndal

Looking for ideas on where to mount a remote head for an Icom dual--band in a 2016 F350. I am thinking about under the uplifter switches and mounting the main body either under the seat behind the rear seats or in the center console. Opinions or pic of your install please.

Hi Jim,

It's too darn cold to go take pictures.

I installed an IC-706 in my Dodge 3500.  Main unit under the drivers seat and control head on a piece of 2x4 in the ash tray.

That sounds pretty crude. I cut the 2x4 to fit and at a slant so the control head faces up towards the driver.  Then I painted it black and screwed the mounting bracket on.  When the control head is mounted you don't see the 2x4. Works fine for me.  When my wife drives she pulls the seat up and knocks the control head off with her knee.

I went to a local car audio installer and had them run the power, antenna, and antenna control cables for me.  They were awesome.  No tools and no new holes.

Since I pull a 5er, the only place for the antennas was the front stake pockets.

Joel
W4JNM

Joel, I second the too darn cold it was 8? here this morning.

Wish I had pics of my old truck, IC706 with Little Tarheel and IC 2720 with Diamond dual band antenna all mounted without any visible holes when it was removed for trade. Not in any hurry to mount the HF but trying to get the dual bander in when we get a mild day.

Back
Top Bottom