rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Winter Alaska Trip  (Read 730 times)

Wheeldog

  • ---
  • Posts: 26
Winter Alaska Trip
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:25:50 PM »
Wife and I snowbird in AZ. Got some pictures of the Alcan in the winter going home last March. Winter is the most most beautiful time to travel it. Pics of the mountains are around Haines Jct and Kluane Lake.

https://wheeldog.smugmug.com/2017-Alcan-Trip/
Roger & Mary Ellen
Wasilla, AK summer
Bouse, AZ winter

1994 Jayco 5th wheel
1999 S&S Pickup Camper
2016 Chevy 3500 HD Pickup

Roadhappy

  • ---
  • Posts: 506
Re: Winter Alaska Trip
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 03:28:21 PM »
Beautiful!!
Robin & Charles
2008 30' Crossroads Cruiser Fifthwheel
2008 F250 Powerstroke

SargeW

  • Forum Staff
  • ---
  • *
  • Posts: 7145
  • Life is better on the road!
Re: Winter Alaska Trip
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:53:31 PM »
Winter in Alaska. You are a braver man than me! Cool photos though. 
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
2018 JLU Jeep Sahara
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2018
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

BigLarry

  • ---
  • Posts: 860
Re: Winter Alaska Trip
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 07:47:14 PM »
We flew up to Anchorage a couple years ago and spent a week to during March.  The weather was clear and beautiful the whole time and could see Denali every day.   We took the Alaska RR trip up to Fairbanks from Anchorage on a Saturday and returned the next day.  What a great trip!  When there are no leaves on the trees, there is so much more you can see on a clear day.  We rented a car and spent nights in Seward and Talkeetna as well as Anchorage.  We also flew up and landed at Don Sheldon's Mountain House on the Ruth Glacier on Denali.

I've made many trips up there over the last 20 years and I think that was my favorite.  Only problem......couldn't talk Betty into going, so I took my Brother, which worked out good because he paid his own way!!!! 
Larry and Betty
Bryan, Texas
2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Diesel
2016 Cougar 28RLS

Wheeldog

  • ---
  • Posts: 26
Re: Winter Alaska Trip
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »
March is a great time to visit Alaska. Got the long days. They say you have a 75% chance of seeing Denali in the winter......about 25% in the summer. You can also catch the start of Iditarod......first Saturday in March.
Roger & Mary Ellen
Wasilla, AK summer
Bouse, AZ winter

1994 Jayco 5th wheel
1999 S&S Pickup Camper
2016 Chevy 3500 HD Pickup