Do I Have Heated Tanks In My 95 Fleetwood Bounder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IowaNomads

We are in our 1995 Fleetwood Bounder for the first winter. It's suppose to get down to 25 the next 2 nights. I have no idea if my tanks get any heat or if I should drain the tanks. If it is heated is there a switch I need to turn on? Thanks for your help.

Let the furnace heat for an hour and go below to find out.>>>Dan  (Put a thermometer in the bottom bay before heating and take before and after readings)

If not heated, you may have to buy a small ceramic heater for the water bay and plug it in and put it on low for the cold nights. That is what our coach came with and it worked really well. Ours had an on/off switch on the wall and thermostat that would turn on the heater when the temp reached 32 degrees.

Bill

You tanks are heated by the propane furnace. But Fleetwood did a poor job of return air on the tank heat. I modified my 95 Bounder 32H and have survived -7F
You should be good to at least 20F with the furnace(s) running at 55 or 60.

Richard

rls7201 said:
You tanks are heated by the propane furnace. But Fleetwood did a poor job of return air on the tank heat. I modified my 95 Bounder 32H and have survived -7F
You should be good to at least 20F with the furnace(s) running at 55 or 60.

Richard

Thank you Richard. I went out an looked at them today. It looks like the gray and black water tanks are under the bathroom and heated by the bathroom duct and the fresh water is under closet and and heated by the duct going to the bedroom.

You have ducts that deliver maybe a little heat into that general area. Calling that  "heated tanks" is somewhat optimistic, but I guess technically correct. In any case, the tanks are rarely a concern if the interior is in use and relatively warm.  The areas at risk are the outer ends at the dump valves and the city fill inlets. Also the water heater, if not on (water hot).

IowaNomads said:
Thank you Richard. I went out an looked at them today. It looks like the gray and black water tanks are under the bathroom and heated by the bathroom duct and the fresh water is under closet and and heated by the duct going to the bedroom.

The bath room vent is a separate vent from the wet bay vent. On my 32H the fresh water vent blows on top of the tank and is very hard to see.
Like I said earlier, there is plenty of heat on both wet bays, it's just the return air that is poorly engineered.
If you fire your water heater once a day, it will not freeze. It's in a well insulated containment.
We spent our first nigh on the road this year at 10 degrees F. Both bays stayed between 45 and 50 degrees, with only heat from the furnace. I wouldn't call that optimistic.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom