Carpet/vinyl in Vista 26P

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charger1204

Hello all, any of you educated ladies and gentlemen happen to know if the vinyl floor covering is placed ALL over the floor before they put carpet in the spots they choose to do so? I know that it runs under all the cabinets and walls and was thinking of removing the carpet near the sofa and cockpit area as well as out of the bedroom if it does.

Thanks for any knowledge,
Brad

In my single experience, it is placed only where needed: For example, in the kitchen area, it will be placed in one large piece over the area required and then the cabinets are installed on top of it. The bathroom/shower area is similar. They will not place linoleum under the carpets before laying them, doing so would be a waste of money. Carpets in some areas of my trailer were laid before some of the cabinets were installed as well. 

Our Horizon had carpet and tile, there was no overlap.  I'm pretty sure Stu is correct - Winnebago doesn't waste one screw and they certainly wouldn't waste five yards of vinyl flooring.

Thanks for the info...I hadn't thought in regards to cost effectiveness, I guess it wouldn't be smart to lay a big sheet down and just go over it all. I suppose I was hoping it was that way so I could just rip that carpet up without having to lay more vinyl. I've found that I seem to be afflicted with a compulsion to constantly try to improve my rig....DRIVES MY WIFE NUTS!!!!! ;D :eek:

Back
Top Bottom