Route from Seattle to Florida (March Timeframe)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

braduah

We are relocating from Seattle to Florida, probably in the late March time frame.  We have a 34' Class A and will not be towing.  Question...what route would be best to take?  We ideally would like to see parts of the Grand Canyon and plan to take a southern route due to the potential of snow going across the North. 

Any recommendations?  Should we be concerned with cross any mountain passes in Oregon due to snow?

Yes, there is often snow at the Siskyoo Pass near the Oregon-California border even as late as March.  At times they require chains on I5.  It generally doesn't last so you can look ahead on the web to see the current condition there.

There may be snow or ice on the mountain passes in Oregon that time of the year, but there may not be, too.  Just keep a close eye on the weather and plan your trip accordingly and you'll be just fine.  Once you get past Redding, no problem usually.

While there could be snow in the pass in southern Oregon, in March probably not, just use the weather ap on your phone to watch the weather. 

Now the Grand Canyon and the area of I-40 getting there, that is a little higher and perhaps a better chance of snow.  Make reservations for the full hookup RV park at Grand Canyon today.  Even now may be to late for reservations.  I believe you are too large to fit into Mather CG, the NP operated CG. 

To bypass LA area, just south of Stockton, CA, pick up SR-99 to Bakersville, then SR-58 to Barstow and I-40.

An additional route, which is mostly desert country so likely hood of snow should be low. Take I-5 to Portland, pick up I-84 to SLC, then I-15 to Zion for a few days.  From Zion backtrack a few miles to Hurricane then take SR-59 to Kanab.  Note: SR-59 changes to SR-389 in AZ.  From Kanab pick up US-89 to Page AZ and then down to Grand Canyon coming in from the east side of GC. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom