Why do guys do that?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This conversation here has just really made me chuckle, especially this morning when I overheard my husband telling 11 year old son he needed to take his hat off in the house.  :) Now, hubby didn't know that I had been involved in this very discussion with members of the forum! I poked my head into the room and said "everyone was just discussing this in the forum, and I've determined that most men do not remove their hats any longer. Honey, I know that's what you were taught as a kid, but it's different these days. I DO request that he remove the hat at the dinner table but indoors, at home, is okay with me if you can live with it".
Son said to father "Dad, I KNOW that I have to take it off to eat, for the anthem, and when we go in a church or school." So, our efforts at teaching son are paying off!! Good to know that they do absorb some of what you're trying to get into their little brains!  ;D ;D

In hubby's defense, he'd been taught as a kid to remove his hat when entering most buildings, especially home, school, church, or work but not necessarily a store. And, 20 years of the Navy just reinforced that. When he took off the Navy hat, it was tucked into the back of his pants. This is accomplished much easier if the guy is wearing a belt or has his shirt tucked in. That usually doesn't apply to son, so he tries to find somewhere to lay it down and thus it is sometimes left behind!

LuAnn

MLCBFarrell said:
I've determined that most men do not remove their hats any longer.

Just because a few very vocal guys on this forum choose to leave their hat on indoors does not make it a wide spread practice.  If you have lunch in a truck stop cafe you might see some guys with hats on but, at a nice restaurant in the evening you won't find many guys with hats on.

Old retired guys have a very different life style than younger guys that are still working.

Phil

If I wear a hat for more than hour, my hair is a mess.  Once it's a mess, I will not take off in public.  However, I will not go on a fine dining restaurant if I am wearing a ballcap, a sport bar is a different story.  If I know ahead of time I will be going to a place where I should not wear a hat, I won't put one all day.

My 4 year old son tells me to take my hat off in the house.

From one of theold Retired Vocal guys with different ideas.  We wear caps because we choose to, however if the occasions call for not wearing one thats fine too.  But at a greasy spoon such and getting a Big Mac or /Burger  they can jam it.  Shame all people aren't perfect but then I don't have to worry about that, cuz I'll never make it.

This is a serious social issue I can see. I'm going to ask the girls what they think. (new post).

Serious   You got to be kidding  Customs are different through out the country and some of us now matter what training we've had are still slightly REDNECKS if you want to refer us that way.    Camping is still camping  dining is a different animal.     From a Voiceterous one if there is such a word. But then I don't care if is is or not..  Ain't about to change if you get Women from the entire country and to agree.  In fact  a lot of them should wear caps.  Have you seen some of those goofy hairdos.  Serious stuff is whats going on with the high Fuel prices and this country trying to be infiltrated by foulballs from foreign lands and the illegals that we're paying for.   I personally think the author of the thread needs a life and a hobby.

We could probably start another thread titled " Why do gals do that?"  But then, it just sounds like trouble to me. :-\

Is that something that sailboaters wear while they're at the tilley(r)?

Tom, har, har, har.  You've seen Jerry in his Tilley hat many times.  Wonderful hat many on the Forum wear.

ArdraF

HIP HIP HOO RAY Lowell.  Applebees and McDonald must be her fine dining.  Heck all these years I thought they chain restaurants that served you with no dress code other than you should wear a short and pants.  They are quick food joints  some now referred to as Sportsbars.  At least that's what Applebees is supposed to be.  I guess maybe it's improved, but I don't eat in them anyway.  Don't care for their food any more than Macs or BK.  After viewing some of the reviews on them I should have said "greasy spoon stops"

Carl, that's something Horatio Hornblower would wear, and he was a sailor :)

Shayne said:
HIP HIP HOO RAY Lowell.  Applebees and McDonald must be her fine dining.  Heck all these years I thought they chain restaurants that served you with no dress code other than you should wear a short and pants.

Your standards are too high.  Actually the saying is "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service", right?  No mention of needing to wear pants at those places.  :eek:

You might be right  Scotty  Or maybe some people or too high falutten(sp)

OK, someone mentioned wearing  a cap to bed, but no one admitted to it.  ::)

What the heck! I often wear a cap to bed. Not much hair! Helps keep my feet warm. Keeps the dogs from licking my nose.  :-[

And, I know where it is, in the morning!  ::)

Usually take it off, inside.  8)

Ray D  ;D

Back
Top Bottom