Why do guys do that?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DougJ said:
And at other times about even more serious problems, such as the state of one's bowels. ;D  Of course, that's before the stuff gets to the black water tank. ::)

Ciao,

Doug

So far this thread has touched upon the two latest side effects of my chemo:  losing my hair and the state of my bowels.  Has someone here been opening my mail from my oncologist?

Irv

Replying to the original poster

One, I do not normally wear a hat or cap of any kind.  Don't like them.  and last time i checked I was still a "Guy"

Now, as for the folks who wear them backwards... The purpose of the bill on the cap is to shade the eyes but if you are going to shoot a rifle it gets in the way.  So the SWAT team snipers on TV turn their hats around so the bill is out of the way.  The idiots who want to look "BAD" (meaning good or cool) thus turn their hats around and look, not "Bad" but BAD as in Stupid.

And the super stupid, the ones with their tongs hanging out panting like dogs... Wear them sideways.

Myself, I have about half a dozen baseball type caps and hardly ever wear one

My folks ingrained into my brother and I that we were to remove our hats when entering a building. Also being retired (or is that retarded Military), this was further driven home as well. it is just a sign of respect.

Kent Switzer

Baseball cap wearer myself.  Wear it away from the house except for inside a church or courtroom and when I get to my desk for work.

Retired military (lifer /w 27 years) but managed to get over it when I retired (within about 35 seconds as I remember). 

Live in Redneck country so there are lots of us who almost never take the things off.

Not shooting these days so the bill stays where it can protect the eyes.

Lucky thing IMO that we have choices in how to dress these days.

I'm  with you Newt and 73   if they don't like how and what I wear they can look the other way, the view is probably better anyway.  I'd bet on that.

Personally I think those that criticize others for what they wear or how they wear it need to take a closer look at themselves with the same criticizing attitude.  They may just find they don't necessarily like themselves or what they do like criticizing others.  They might just find that straightening themselves out might just keep them so busy they wouldn't have time to worry about what others wear and do or don't do.  ;D ;D ;D

But in my case the bottom line says in all.  Don't think I'll change.  In order to get respect some have to earn it.  Also at my age, I'm most forgetful and really don't care.

I tend to agree that those who are overly critical need to look in the mirror... The old kid's response "It takes one to know one" is not true..  However IT does indeed take one to CALL one.

As for removing hats... I hardly ever wear a hot, prefer not to,  (Though there are times and places.. )

but I was taught that, for example, when the national anthem plays, you stand, face the flag, remove your hat, holding it in your right hand and placing said hand over the "Heart" (More like the left lung, alas, I know where the heart really is)

When you enter church you remove your hat (Remember when there were clips for holding the hats on the back of pews)

When entering a building you remove your hat.

Actually.. If you read the Military uniform manual.. It more or less describes when you are supposed to remove/wear a hat and save that in civilian life the hat is often optional, and there are a few special cases (Hard hats for example) that you DO wear indoors.  The rules are more or less, identical.

And I've had a bit of training in military uniform rules.. Though my uniform did not include a hat since my "Station" was indoors full time.  I only stepped out for lunch.

I have been laughing through this whole post !!  Funny stuff  ;D
I don't care what anybody wears - just take your hats off for the National Anthem - men and women. 
Thanks for the laughs !!

MollysMom said:
I have been laughing through this whole post !!  Funny stuff  ;D
I don't care what anybody wears - just take your hats off for the National Anthem - men and women. 
Thanks for the laughs !!

Yep hats off for the National Anthem and going into churches.  While I do were hats you won't see me wearing a tie. ;D ;D

Same here Ron  The rest of it is choice  We militarily earned it.

Ron said:
Yep hats off for the National Anthem and going into churches.  While I do were hats you won't see me wearing a tie. ;D ;D

What is a tie?

The tie is a symbol of a past life, best forgotten :)

Back
Top Bottom