Another mans sewer hose storage option

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
Here is my version of adding another sewer hose storage option. I shopped the Home Depot for parts, were surprisingly rather minimal. I started with 4" ABS pipe, and a 90 degree sweep connector. I looked for thinner, lighter 4" drain line, but they didn't stock it :?

I bought 2 two foot sections of ABS pipe. They were a bit pricey buying pre-cut pieces, but better than carrying the extra 5' around forever.

The two pieces were about $10 each. The 45 degree sweep was about $8.

Some ABS glue, and I had a working storage tube. Because of the frame supports that run down the center of the frame to stiffen the chassis, running the tube all the way across the the chassis is not possible. Thus the 45 degree sweep. By using the "L" shape tube, I could store 4' of storage hose in a half the distance. I wound up cutting about 4" off of one end of one of the ABS sections to allow room for the bay door to close easily.

The storage tube is held in place by heavy duty zip ties against the frame rails, and a length of "plumbers strapping tape" at the front of the tube. Two "termination caps" were fit to the front and rear ends of the tube.

The access end was drilled for a bungee to keep the cap close, and the rear was just pushed onto the end. I did add a shim to the finished tube at the access end between the bottom of the RV floor and the tube to allow the cover to slide off and on easier. I drilled some holes into the end caps for air flow and drainage.

As a test I inserted a 20' sewer hose into the tube easily, including the connector. The whole project cost about $30. Using the 4" ABS tube, this is all that is visible from the side of the coach to with the bay door closed.

The sewer tube runs right next to the Aqua Hot exhaust tube. The Aqua Hot was running during the install and heat from the exhaust was never an issue. This will get the sewer hose out of the water bay, and free up some more space there for other items like the sewer support.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 196
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 207
Hey!  Great idea to store that nasty hose off by itself and not take up room in the cargo area. 
My husband is under the trailer now looking for a place to mount a storage tube like yours.  :)
Thanks for the details of your project. 

I use an 8' Sectiion of 6" PVC pipe or one hose and for the main hose 7" Fence post. bolted/strapped under the Frame

But on my Damon, the "Cut" on the rear is rather excessive, this method woudl not work without that high cut.

boatbuilder said:
Looks great. Never would have thought to use an elbow like that.

I wouldn't have either. Great way to get around an obstacle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom