Summer roadtrip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julie Murray

Hi,
Happy new year.....We're planning our route for the summer roadtrip in our Class A 38ft motorhome were wanting places of interest to visit, any suggestions. One of the places we plan to stop at is the Gone with the Wind Museum in Jonesboro, we don't pull a car and was wondering if there's an RV park close by so it would be easier for us to visit.
  Thanks J

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Check out the destinations board for ideas.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/board,4.0.html

The US is a big place with lots of interesting things. Where specifically are you thinking of going? Do you have a rough route?

Hi Jackie,
Thank you for your reply, do you live Scotland as we live in the North West of England.
Yes forgot to mention our route, heading to Niagara Falls from Palm Bay FL ( which is south of Orlando) from there onto Montana hoping to see Glacier and Yellowstone parks then head back to Florida.
2 years ago we travelled to Tombstone Arizona in our previous RV also visited the home Southfork - "Dallas" , Lyndon B Johnsons home, and Elvis - Graceland.
So any information on places of interest for our next travels we would be very grateful.
Thanks Julie

Julie Murray said:
Hi Jackie,
Thank you for your reply, do you live Scotland as we live in the North West of England.
Yes forgot to mention our route, heading to Niagara Falls from Palm Bay FL ( which is south of Orlando) from there onto Montana hoping to see Glacier and Yellowstone parks then head back to Florida.
2 years ago we travelled to Tombstone Arizona in our previous RV also visited the home Southfork - "Dallas" , Lyndon B Johnsons home, and Elvis - Graceland.
So any information on places of interest for our next travels we would be very grateful.
Thanks Julie
Hi Julie, yes we live in Fife, travel for 6 months in US.

Can't help with Florida part but we visited Glacier in 2016 and have been to Yellowstone several times.  If you are there then i would highly recommend the Tetons - spectacular.

I will see if I can find some info I have on these places and post them or send you a pm if it's a lot of info.

Jackie

If you  search for Glacier, lots of posts

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?action=search2

That's great Jackie for all that information, a good read. We had planned to travel May up to Canada June and July to Montana would you say that is the best time ?. Anywhere of interest on route up to Canada ?

Check the average weather. May can still be cold and snowy in some places. I'll check our route and get back to you. June in Montana should be ok, we had snow in Yellowstone early June  ;D

Back
Top Bottom