Desire to be a full-time RV Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Williams1971

Looking for guidance on what I should look for in a good RV to remodel to make it a great place to live year round. This will serve as a vacation spot for my family (Maine in Summer / FL in the winter). Thought is that this will be a better option than purchasing a condo.  Thoughts?  I will either buy something already put together or if possible, buy something I can gut and make it my own. Have you been where I am currently and what did you decide to do? My wife keeps mentioning tiny-houses but I?d prefer to stay in the RV world.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

CW

A condo while not likely to make much money when you sell, an RV is a guaranteed depreciating asset.  Add to the mix the need for a suitable tow vehicle and it just does not make any sense unless your going to be traveling to other places.  RV maintenance unless your really handy can also be a huge expense.

Give us some more info to consider... why do you want to be in an RV rather than a stick & brick house of some kind?  And why does your wife NOT want that?  Maine to Florida can be driven, but that's a long hike!  Doing that twice/year but get cumbersome eventually, plus RV's seem to do better (or at least you are aware of problems sooner & they get maintained better) when they are used/moved often... compared to sitting in one spot for months/years at a time.

"Gut and make your own" is possible too, but that's a major undertaking that can cost a LOT compared to buying an RV in ready-to-camp condition.  That depends too on your time available (are you working full time, retired, something else?) and your knowledge and experience with plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.

Your subject line also mentions being a "full-time RV Family" which usually means you live in the RV 100% of the time, but you also mentioned using it as a vacation home.  Any clarification on that can help us discuss some more options for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom