Question on Power Usage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bayspray

We have a 26 foot Grey Wolf Travel Trailer and have it plugged into 110 shore power in our driveway.  It's very cold here and we want to run both the refrigerator and furnace while we are packing for our trip south at the end of the week.  Our question is whether it will blow a fuse to do that since we are not on a 30 amp circuit.  Appreciate any help. Thanks!

No worries. Your furnace doesn't use any shore power - it's LP gas + 12v.  You could run the fridge that way as well, i.e. use LP gas instead of electric, by manually selecting LP mode. In Auto mode, it defaults to shore power when available.

I agree that your shore power should be fine. This will be a relatively light load.

However, even though your furnace blower runs on 12v power something has to replenish the power drawn from the batteries. And that would be shore power.

Tom

I would try to run an electric heater and put the fridge on propane. The furnace gulps propane, while the fridge takes small sips.

Happy wanderer:

As long as temps are not well below freezing, this will work fine. If well below freezing, a space heater does not heat the tanks.

Back
Top Bottom