EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Floor heating vents  (Read 596 times)

llisanag

• ---
Floor heating vents
« on: January 01, 2018, 04:33:58 PM »
I have a 2003 American Eagle Fleetwood and I have floor vents.  Sometimes the floor vents blow out heat and sometimes not.  Is there a way I can make sure they work all the time or is it really just random?

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is a payday and every payday I have off
Re: Floor heating vents
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 04:51:22 PM »
I have a 2003 American Eagle Fleetwood and I have floor vents.  Sometimes the floor vents blow out heat and sometimes not.  Is there a way I can make sure they work all the time or is it really just random?

They should work the same ALL the time. Some may put out less air and that would be probably because they are the longest line. If some are not working, it's because they are disconnected or there is a blockage somewhere.
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
I hate floor vents. It is amazing the junk that will build up inside of them and plug up the ducts. Take the vent cover off and try vacuuming out the ducts.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Favorite 2017 shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y0HbMU5KYa2hx02E3
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 04:55:14 PM »
The floor vents will blow cold when the furnace first starts due to the purge cycle, and will blow somewhat cool after the burner shuts off.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

MargoS.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 07:14:47 PM »
I hate floor vents. It is amazing the junk that will build up inside of them and plug up the ducts. Take the vent cover off and try vacuuming out the ducts.
I went to Home Depot and got vent filters.  Keeps the junk from going in.  Just replace them each spring.
Bill and Margo

2014 Tracer Air 235 pulled with a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500

TangoMike

• ---
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 02:55:27 PM »
You can also get vents that open and close.  Some of mine close with will prevent anything from going into the vent.  You may find them too at most RV houses depending on the size register you have.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Retired USAF

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »
 The adjustable vents allow you to "balance" the system and put the heat were you desire it.>>>Dan
38' American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 09:49:01 AM »
The big proble I see is build up of debris in the vent blocking it. Remve and vacuuim

NOTE: the othe issue with floor vents is they are not well made. bad things happen if you step on 'em wrong or of you set the leg of a chair or stool on 'em... Thankfully they are a standard size and you can get 'em at Lowes,Home Depot et-al  The ones at the Home Improvement stores have dampers that can be opened and closed. but you can remove the damper if you wish.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

catblaster

• ---
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 08:39:28 PM »
   I also hate floor vents so I moved them to better locations like on an adjacent wall or under the sofa, one is now blowing up from the electric fireplace another discharges into a cavity under a cabinet. I did the work before I refloored the old girl so the patches in the floor would not be seen.
   My dislike was stepping on the metal grate in my bare feet besides it just doesnt seem like the proper way to build things, I did all of that without much trouble so I'm sure the factory could have made that design change.
Will and Jane
95 Winnebago Luxor

Hosted by Over The Network