Floor heating vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

llisanag

I have a 2003 American Eagle Fleetwood and I have floor vents.  Sometimes the floor vents blow out heat and sometimes not.  Is there a way I can make sure they work all the time or is it really just random?

llisanag said:
I have a 2003 American Eagle Fleetwood and I have floor vents.  Sometimes the floor vents blow out heat and sometimes not.  Is there a way I can make sure they work all the time or is it really just random?

They should work the same ALL the time. Some may put out less air and that would be probably because they are the longest line. If some are not working, it's because they are disconnected or there is a blockage somewhere.

I hate floor vents. It is amazing the junk that will build up inside of them and plug up the ducts. Take the vent cover off and try vacuuming out the ducts.

The floor vents will blow cold when the furnace first starts due to the purge cycle, and will blow somewhat cool after the burner shuts off.

SeilerBird said:
I hate floor vents. It is amazing the junk that will build up inside of them and plug up the ducts. Take the vent cover off and try vacuuming out the ducts.
I went to Home Depot and got vent filters.  Keeps the junk from going in.  Just replace them each spring.

You can also get vents that open and close.  Some of mine close with will prevent anything from going into the vent.  You may find them too at most RV houses depending on the size register you have.

The big proble I see is build up of debris in the vent blocking it. Remve and vacuuim

NOTE: the othe issue with floor vents is they are not well made. bad things happen if you step on 'em wrong or of you set the leg of a chair or stool on 'em... Thankfully they are a standard size and you can get 'em at Lowes,Home Depot et-al  The ones at the Home Improvement stores have dampers that can be opened and closed. but you can remove the damper if you wish.

I also hate floor vents so I moved them to better locations like on an adjacent wall or under the sofa, one is now blowing up from the electric fireplace another discharges into a cavity under a cabinet. I did the work before I refloored the old girl so the patches in the floor would not be seen.
  My dislike was stepping on the metal grate in my bare feet besides it just doesnt seem like the proper way to build things, I did all of that without much trouble so I'm sure the factory could have made that design change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom