EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Opinions on Newmar Products  (Read 1281 times)

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Opinions on Newmar Products
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 09:21:32 AM »
Can you do trade-ins at RV shows?

Yes, dealers accept trade-ins no matter where there are doing the selling.

We looked at a couple Bay Star floor plans and Canyon Stars this weekend and I have to say that I wasn't too impressed.  This may seem petty, but why don't the Bay Stars have a compartment for your trash in the kitchen?  All the under counter cabinets have non removable shelves.  Is it just me or is that odd?  Why would you want an external trash can that you have to find a place for?  Even the smaller Canyon Stars had no compartment, had to get into the longer ones for that.  Really weird to me.

All floor plans are a compromise, trying to squeeze everything that somebody might want into a very limited space. Trash can space is one of the most commonly omitted items, even though everybody needs it.   Apparently most buyers ignore it until after the sale, though. Many, many floor plans seem to lack basics such as trash can and laundry hamper.  Probably a holdover from the days when Rvs were generally weekend use and owners could get along with just a trash bag in the aisle for two days.  Winnebago and Tiffin seem to have the best thought out floor plans, but they still don't satisfy every desire. Have you considered the Winnebago Sightseer and Sunova models?

It was really nice, but a Tiffin.  While we researched them some and it seems that everyone loves to debate Tiffin vs. Newmar, I am still leaning towards better quality in Newmar.

Tiffin builds as good as any RV maker (which isn't saying a whole lot) but their claim to fame is excellence in factory customer service. Even that has suffered since they became such a hot seller - their intention is still top notch but the factory service facility is overwhelmed these days.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:37:44 AM by Gary RV_Wizard »
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Oldedit

• ---
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 08:25:58 PM »
We considered a Ford chassis vs. a Freightliner diesel pusher. It was no contest. So we bought a 2014 Newmar Ventana 4037 that had less than 17k miles on it and is in great shape.

After driving it more than 2,000 miles to Florida a couple of weeks ago, we're more than sold on the diesel pusher over the Ford or any front engine rig. Because the engine is behind you, you don't hear it, and we are able to chat even when our hearing aides are in our toilet kits.

I did all of the driving going up to eight hours a day. This rig is easer to drive and less tiring than our Itasca Reyo, which is on the Mercedes Sprinter van chassis. And it's even less tiring than our 2012 Lexus RX 350, which we drove 2,000 miles over Christmas.

After our first night in our new king bed, my wife got up and I heard her declare, "Hi, House!" I knew she was sold. :)
2014 Newmar Ventana 4037 12.17-
2013 Itasca Reyo T 2012-12.12.17
2006 Roadtrek Adventurous Mercedes (Freightliner)
Colorado 2009-2012
Toad: 2016 Jeep Patriot Stick with Blue Ox

Lesh

• ---
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2018, 09:25:27 AM »
Has anyone had an issues with their upholstery?  Any cracks, flakes, etc.? 
2012 THOR A.C.E. 29.2

Hosted by Over The Network