Opinions on BlackRock Travel trailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billwild

From what I have seen, Blackrock makes a very nice trailer, although quite expensive. Does anyone here own one or is familiar with them.

Thanks,
  Bill

Are you talking about the one from Outdoors RV Manufacturing? They have dropped the BlackRock Lone (it was their least expensive) but they have a BlackStone Line, fairly upscale. We have a ORV Timber Ridge trailer, and we love it. Their frames and body construction is very good. The basic innards like refrigerator, heater, etc are the same as other manufacturers, but the ORVs are designed for mountains and cold weather. Yes, they are more expensive than most others, but they are tough units. Your call as to whether the price difference is worth it; it was to us.

Thanks for the response. You are right, it is the Blackstone line that I was looking at. They are expensive, but well built. The only thing I do not like about it is the rubber roof on them. Should be a fibreglass roof. I just had fibreglass on the coach we sold and it was great, no leaks and low maintenance. I guess most all trailers now have use rubber roofs as a cost saving measure. Still, I am interested in the Blackstone.

Bill

The rubber roof works fine if you inspect it regularly and seal appropriately. DH climbs up a couple of times a year and gives it a good examination. Three plus years and no problems at all, but there have been a few places that needed sealing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom