Insulation underbelly repairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cedrick

Hey gang,

I got my fifer to its new home and while I was preparing to move it I noticed some of the underbelly insulation protection needs attention.  The camper has a sub-zero insulation package.  Insulation is not hanging down but a couple of the taped joints are needing attention.  Where do I find the six-inch tape with the right adhesive to make these simple repairs? 

Thanks,

I see that no one has responded, so here goes...

I am not an expert in this, but I doubt the ability of ANY tape to keep a joint sealed on the bottom of a trailer exposed to the elements. Obviously, whatever the factory used is not working either.  :)

The units I have owned that had underbelly sheeting used coroplast sheets, which is basically plastic cardboard. I would be tempted to try a more robust repair that has some mechanical strength to it as well. Perhaps a strip of coroplast to cover the joint, held in place with urethane (not silicone) glue and sheet metal screws?

I will certainly bow to anyone else with more experience in this.

Frank.

Look for one of these:
- Gorilla Tape
- Mobile home underbelly repair tape
- Flex mend tape
- Belly Tape

Nobody will see these repairs, so go with an aggressive tape like TooTall suggested.  Go across the area with 6 - 8 inch or longer strips of tape.  Overlap a bit.  It should hold a good while since it appears it is not moved often.  When it fails, retape.

Back
Top Bottom