The perfect road trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdbgoat

http://www.wideopencountry.com/perfect-travel-route-across-us-according-science/

So, whadda ya' think? I'm sure it would probably be rough on a 40' pusher, but is it the perfect road trip, assuming one is in a car?

Only if you're going to all those places on one trip anyway. I didn't do more than glance at the article, but I suspect it's just a mathematical exercise, not something someone has actually traveled.

Couple of problems with map; it takes you to Texas, Oklahoma and Las Vegas. Been to all three, lived in two, don't want to go back. If my corrected eyesight is correct, it looks like the map skips Louisiana all together. That's not a bad thing (lived there too...twice).

kdbgoat said:
...probably be rough on a 40' pusher, but is it the perfect road trip, assuming one is in a car?
I've been to all of those plus a lot more in a 40' diesel pusher.  Not all in one trip though.

I?ve seen this list before, and it really doesn?t route to what I consider the best of each state. If you were an international traveler with 6 months to spend in the US for a once in a lifetime trip, it might be worth bragging rights, but it isn?t where I would recommend people go. Much better to pick a state and hit lots of lovely places rather than just drive through. I do think it would be perfectly possible in a 40? MH.

It leaves out some of the prettiest parts of many states. The north shore in Minnesota, the Texas Hill country, the Oregon coast.. and lots of other places.

Also depends a lot on what time of year. 

Summer might be pretty hot in the Southern States and Winter would be pretty cold in the Northern States.

Not to mention it would take a long time to complete if you spent any quality time in each point of interest.
Even if boondocking it could/would be pretty expensive for most of us for fuel, food, and the occasional RV park stay to
take on Water and dump as needed, etc. IMO.  AND if you didn't want to boondock then it could be even more......

Then there is always the "since we are so close we might as well see this/that too" which would be bound to happen if you
did any homework before taking a trip like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom