Winnebago Quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bob3346

I have a 2015 Winnebago Destination 37FL. Wanted to share my thoughts. Worst purchase I ever made. Whoever designed this has never been to a campsite in a rv. Some of the things that could have made things better would have been easy and inexpensive to include. This has a arctic package, which means nothing as far as design I suppose. The kitchen slide leaks air to the point walking on the floor is like walking outside. The AC is totally inadequate for the size of the unit. 2 AC's is not enough, probably due to the design and lack of insulation. When it's 90 outside, it usually gets over 80 inside if sun is shining. I have to bring a portable ac unit and run the air duct through the side slide window as well as a extension cord for power. The back ladder is rated at 200 lb, but a 180 lb man makes it stretch and creak like it's going to fail. I had to cut a hole in the dock station in order to reach the low point drains. The water pump and furnace are also buried in the inaccessible area. I was specified as having 66 gallon grey water tank, but turned out to be two 33 gallon tanks with one dedicated to washer and dryer, leaving only 33 gallon for everything else. I could go on about issues, but I won't.

bob hart

Post edited to bring in compliance with forum rules

I see design issues worth complaining about, but I'm not seeing quality issues. 

Yep, you have identified some really irritating design issues.

Many RV seem to be designed by people who never use them.  Of course the majority of RV'ers stay in places with FHU's so a 33 gallon gray tank doesn't matter.

At last year's Winnebago Grand National Rally, the new CEO had the Executive Leadership Team stay in various Class As on rally grounds. Could have been the first time some have ever overnighted in an RV. The manager of Owner Relations has a 5th wheel he camps in. 

At the GNR, six of us had lunch with Ashis Bhattacharya, Vice President-Strategic Planning & Development, and he got an earful from us about various issues and problems over the years. All of us at the table had years and years of ownership experience. I for one am very excited about the new team in place - they will be doing some great things.

John Canfield said:
At last year's Winnebago Grand National Rally, the new CEO had the Executive Leadership Team stay in various Class As on rally grounds. Could have been the first time some have ever overnighted in an RV. The manager of Owner Relations has a 5th wheel he camps in. 

The Winnebago execs need also to stay in Class C's and even some B's for more than 1 night.  They might figure out what works and what doesn't, and then they too could "enjoy" an "on demand" hot water heater.

winona said:
The Winnebago execs need also to stay in Class C's and even some B's for more than 1 night.  They might figure out what works and what doesn't, and then they too could "enjoy" an "on demand" hot water heater.
The product managers and designers should go camping for two weeks in whatever unit they are responsible for.

John Canfield said:

At the GNR, six of us had lunch with Ashis Bhattacharya, Vice President-Strategic Planning & Development, and he got an earful from us about various issues and problems over the years. All of us at the table had years and years of ownership experience. I for one am very excited about the new team in place - they will be doing some great things.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall. I bet the issue of windshield leaks came up. I was very disappointed in the way our Winnebago was built until I started looking at the problems with other brands. Now I feel much better about it.

Well my last 5th wheel must have been just terrible, because our Winnebago seems built like Buckingham Palace.  Sure there are design things that should and have been reconsidered (such as Schwintek), but overall it has been a pleasure for us not to have to work on it every time we use it.

catblaster said:
  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall. I bet the issue of windshield leaks came up. I was very disappointed in the way our Winnebago was built until I started looking at the problems with other brands. Now I feel much better about it.

That's kinda like saying "All six of your tires and wheels fell off? Man I feel lucky. Only four of mine came off." :-\

John Canfield said:
The product managers and designers should go camping for two weeks in whatever unit they are responsible for.

I totally agree.  2 weeks at least, and only electric, nothing else.  Altho maybe we could allow another another tank of water just to be nice.  Plus they need to drive and maneuver it around some tight spaces.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom