Delima on Class A Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO....  Whatever engine, chassis it has is not nearly as important as the layout and condition is.

Chances are whatever engine or chassis it has (in good condition) will get you anywhere you want to go, and it's often said you do a lot more living in it than you do driving it.

The roof is a different story...a bad roof is just a bad motorhome.

So in  everyone's opinion which brands are good and which to stay away from---I will take all with the grain of salt :)

hoeky_b said:
So in  everyone's opinion which brands are good and which to stay away from---I will take all with the grain of salt :)

Most everybody you meet that driving a nice Motorhome will be very name brand loyal.  Some of the oldtimers you talk to are more likely to be brutally honest saying things like,  "Yep once upon a time they were tops.".

almost every manufacture makes a  "well built" model and a "not so well built" model.  Most of the "Legendary names" have gone under and the names and logos have been sold off to other mfgs. making profit off of the good name.

So you can't go by 'brand Name' only.

It is hard to answer your question about brands without confining the topic a bit more, though putting a 2000 and newer date on things does help as some brands have moved up market over the years, and others have moved down market.  Also some brands span a fairly wide swath of the market typically offering mid to upper range models.

Take for example Holiday Rambler, at one point in time 20-30 years ago they were an upper tier coach, but by the early 2000's after being traded multiple times they had became Monacos mid to upper mid tier product offering, with a few entry level  and upper coaches mixed in.  This is not to pick on HR, just an observation of where they fit into the market at a particular time, compare this to Tiffin which has moved more and more up market since the 1990's, a late 90's Tiffin Allergro Bay was an entry level coach, where todays Allegro Bay is well into a mid range product offering. 

Isaac.

Monaco is a perfect example.  :)  once upon a time...

I thought I heard somewhere...Winnebago bought the Country Coach name.

hoeky_b said:
Again thanks to all who posted. This forum is very helpful.

So which MH manufactures do i look  for?  THIS IS MY LIST OF PROS    years 2000 up, 32' max, dinette on opposite side of couch, No leather furniture,
When you put that 32 ft max on there, is going to cause you trouble in finding a top tier gas or diesel coach. There were plenty of entry level coachs built using the criteria you request, and you may very well be happy with one. Lots of benefits moving up to a 34 or 36 ft coach, but we won't go there. 

This business about NP size restrictions is vastly overblown.  Many campgrounds have size limits because of either site size or roadways, and National Parks are no more (or less) likely to have a length limit than any other.

There is an online article that explores the length limit question - see http://www.camperreport.com/best-rv-length-for-national-parks/

According to this report, a 32 foot RV fits in 81% of the NP campgrounds. To fit in every single one, you would have to choose an RV only 12 ft long! Of course, many National Parks have more than one campgrounds, with different amenities and sizes in each.

so what are the benefits to a larger MH?? some Natl parks restrict size and age

the biggest benefit is that it's the most common size of motorhomes for sale,  and it's no harder to drive or find a campground space for a 34 foot rig.

TonyDtorch said:
the biggest benefit is that it's the most common size of motorhomes for sale,  and it's no harder to drive or find a campground space for a 34 foot rig.

One word: Yellowstone

Back
Top Bottom