First trip through the Rockies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CelticClamper

I am planning a trip in June from Sacramento to Yellowstone to Mt Rushmore  to Colorado Springs to Salt Lake City and back to Sacramento. I have searched through many posts before posting this. My notes keep getting confusing so I hope that I can get advise from those that are knowledgeable. I will post with legs of the trip to make things easier for commenting. I am looking for any info regarding rerouting for steep climbs, high winds, or narrow terrain. My plan is to go from Winnemucca NV to Boise ID via US-95N to US-26E. Then take I-84E to Twin Falls. From there I will take 93N/75N to Ketchum. Then 20E/33E to Rexburg. Last will be 20E to West Yellowstone. Any advise is appreciated. Thank you.

There is just no way to get to where you are going without mountains. I have done most of this leg from central Nevada to Yellowstone, and I don?t remember anything spectacularly difficult. Basically I-80 to US-93 to I-84 to I-86 to I-15 to US-20. Good roads, services, and campgrounds along the entire stretch. US-93 is smaller than the rest, but still not bad. Good route.

once you get over donner pass the rest of the route is void of any major climbs or descents the high desert you will pass through may have winds but it is unusual to be blowing to hard this time of year. sit back and enjoy the wide open spaces.

Back
Top Bottom