Installed all new shades in the RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We recently took all the day/night blinds down and soaked them in the tub with oxyclean for a couple of hrs the hung them up to dry. We then sprayed them with spray starch and folded them up. Had to re string a couple of them. Now they look like new.

Ddub5 said:
We recently took all the day/night blinds down and soaked them in the tub with oxyclean for a couple of hrs the hung them up to dry. We then sprayed them with spray starch and folded them up. Had to re string a couple of them. Now they look like new.

I just this week restrung 3 of our shades using mono-filament fishing line. They move much easier now. Did you soak the night portion of the shades? They seem to be make of some sort of cardboard and not made for soaking.

My shades were the same type in the vid, both were badly stained and dirty and the plastic string anchors were cracked. finally one of the strings broke. I knew you could re-string them but I opted to replace them with United Shades brand (same co that made the old ones) Impulse shades. These are self contained double roller shades with a night and a day shade on rollers mounted one above the other. There is a fabric covered aluminum extrusion as a valance and shade structure, with end caps. Mount to the wall with four screws. They are custom order, for width and length, and since these are new shade design for United, their measuring instructions didn't make a lot of sense. It took a couple of phone calls to clarify the numbers they wanted and what I would end up with. Camping World and Steve's Blinds are about the only two dealers, and I ordered thru Steve's Blinds as I could select any fabric combo for the valance, day and night shade and end cap colors. CW only allow a couple of choices.

Charles

We just got a new 2018 TT and it has the best shades I have ever seen.
When they are down and you want to put them up, you just give a little tug at the bottom and then let go. They roll up automatically and stop about 4" from the top.

Jack L

Wow I really like that install with the clips. It looks way easier than how mine are hung up. I may have missed it but do you have the name of the shades?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom