Slide out motors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwyroad

Hello friends, I am in  need  of some good advice on slide out motors. I have a 2007 national, bedroom slide motor housing cracked. I need to replace the housing but prolly going to have to replace the hole thing. I have noticed the are alot of these motors selling from 300 to over 1000 bucks. Whats the difference from one to another the application looks the same.

After checking the lippert motors they have models that will bolt on to my application but different part numbers just wondering whats the difference torque , power, etc

Is there any way you can remove the motor?

MOST motors have part numbers and maybe power rating etc on a label on the motor.
Then you could google that part number and try to get the same thing.

Assuming you are looking at the same motor from several sources, the difference is just the distribution channel mark-up.  Anything labeled "RV" in the distribution network is likley to be lower volume and higher mark-up than, say, a car part or an industrial part.  Beyond that, sometimes a mechanically identical part has a different warranty or different labeling, or may come with a different mounting bracket or some other minor difference. If you are replacing a part, you probably don't need the accessory pieces anyway.

If you are talking about different part numbers or different motor ratings or different motor manufacturers, the differences could be those above or much more. Could not guess without having the specifics on each.

Slide-out motors are not unique - they are just a standard motor selected for that application. If you can identify the base part, you don't have to order from the slide out manufacturer or even from RV product channel, so you can usually save big bucks.

Thanks for your answer. I Google helpful hints on Power Gear motors an thiers a link to a PDF file with specs on these motors.

Ebay or Amazon is probably the lowest prices source for an OEM part. If you can find just the motor rather than the motor+gear assembly it will likely be much cheaper, but you have to disassemble the old one and hope the gearing is still ok. If you can't be sure whether the problem is motor or gear, best to buy the whole assembly.

You can get used ones from an RV salvage yard, e.g. Colaw's or Visione. I have no idea on pricing for used ones, though. Often used Rv parts are rather high priced.

make sure you are comparing apples to apples, looks may fool you, check the amps (a true indicator of h.p.) weight and if a gear motor the gear ratio, foot print ect

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom