Slide out motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwyroad

We need some help on slide out motor. The motor is a power gear.  Are their differences between these motors, amp, torque, etc. The application is the same as the motors I see on Lippert. Only thing is the price, 300 /1000 dollars has anyone had experienced with this.

Lots of differences in motors.  Best to pull the old one out and look at it,,, not a real big deal.

I've already taken it out , the problem is the gear housing is cracked, motor works fine. I lubed up all that I can tracks etc. The force twist the gears so they slip, I put like a clamp to hold it tight slide now works but only for a short time due to stripped gears. The question I have is, do I have to use the same part or can I use a different motor with the same application for my attachment. There are lots of these motors, what's the difference. The cost is 400.00 bucks more. P/N 524664

One of the big differences in the motors is that Lippert came out with a much higher torque motor for the same application.  Since many of the slides have two motors, you would have to match the existing motor.  What kind of RV is this in?

National Sea Breeze 35 it's the bedroom slide. Motor is under the bed. I found a spec sheet online on these motors. The rubber boot on them usually represents the torque rating. Black and or white are the ultra torque, gray (low torque). The motor I have has a gray boot. A pin lock on the output shaft which bolts up to a assassin rail for the slide operation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom