Refrigerator dm2652lbx will not work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlene rombs

The frig turns on, gas ignites, stack gets hot but the refrerent lines are cold. The inside thermo was in normal position and was cooling then it started to warm up so I dropped the thermostat down to the bottom. Worked great for weeks. When we returned after a few weeks frig does not cool. Help so expensive to replace. Did not see any ammonia stain.

We are having the same problem with our Dometic 2852.  The cooling unit is not working anymore....tried everything like you.  Have a RV tech coming tomorrow to remove fridge from Trailer and replace the unit, cannot be done on site.  We have insurance coverage, but i feel for you......have tou contacted a RV service facility and picked their brains?

Does it perform the same on both gas and electric?

The frig turns on, gas ignites, stack gets hot but the refrerent lines are cold.

Are those "cold" lines the return tubing to the boiler (burner area)?  And does cold mean "not warm", as opposed to actually chilled below ambient temperature?  None of the tubing you can see/touch on the back of the fridge should ever actually be cold.  Basically, the tubing should be really hot above the boiler and at least moderately warm elsewhere. The only cold part is the heat exchanger that presses up against the finned plate inside the fridge.  If the return tubing to the boiler isn't warm, that indicates a blockage in the tubes and the cooling unit is toast. Sometimes you can shake it enough to get the blockage loose, but it will surely come back before too long.

A replacement cooling unit is available from places like rvcool.com. It's actually not too hard to do yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8kBX9LzIJo

re Gary's response that it is actually not hard to install a new cooling unit yourself.......be careful out there.  We just had to take ours off the Fridge because the Fridge didnt fit out the door with it all on and it took the RV Doctor and my husband considerable time to remove all the screws, nuts, bolts, connectios, etc etc. 

The box containing the  amonia could rupture, the gas line has to be uncoupled and the new unit pressure tested......too much for a novice to safely accomplish.....just saying.  Replacing a cooling unit is not childs play and the techs in the youtube video are experienced.

When the fridge comes back with the new cooling unit we will have to remove the big window to get it back in the trailer.....

Just my 2cents.....

Back
Top Bottom